23. Old Mech Sprung

(Transformers Armada and Energon are not mine. The picture above is a screenshot from the official website.
"talking"
'thinking'
Enjoy!)

Kicker watched as the adults planned on what to do next in order to protect the planets Alpha - Q left behind. He was not sure why but he could feel Alpha - Q's presence again. It had given him a whip lash when he first felt it appear. Kicker half - wondered if he was going mad with grief, he felt Alpha - Q die. The feeling of someone being ripped away forcefully was very much real and his Sire confirmed it too. They had seen Galvatron destroy Alpha - Q mercilessly on their way here.

Alexis poked his cheek making him look up at the older brunette woman. She, Carlos and Rad had travelled together with the Energon grid towers and were currently helping set them up across the planets. Rad had been there with Starscream when he broke down a second time holding him as he cried. He was pretty sure Alexis had done the same for Nisha if her red rimmed eyes were anything to go by while Carlos prepared hot chocolate for them. Kicker was honestly happy the three of the original human members of Team Prime was there to take charge.

Alexis smiled at him, "Come on. We have set up a communication channel to Cybertron. Sally has been asking for you and your Dad has been worried sick."

Kicker, "Is he overworking again?"

Rad chuckled, "You know how Uncle is."

Kicker sighed, "Better than anyone."

Highwire, "Don't worry Kicker, your mom is making sure he is okay."

Carlos gave a smile, "Yeah, come on."

Nisha, "I want to talk to our friends back on Earth. It has been quite a while since we have chat."

Kicker nodded, "We promised Markus we would always call and keep contact."

The group went to the main communication centre which was being run by Prowl who nodded on seeing them. They called their respective numbers and talked to their families and friends who were happy and relieved to see them unhurt. They were being watched through the camera by the older Cybertronians who were relieved to see them relax and smile again. Even though Kicker looked more exasperated by his father's antics. Something that would never fail to make Starscream snicker.

Optimus addressed everyone, "As much as I would like to stay here, I cannot. We will have to return to Cybertron soon."

Ultra Magnus nodded in agreement, "Especially after what Rad discovered in one of the temples. Elita One has secured the area but I rather play safe."

Starscream frowned, "True, considering what that liquid is capable of doing. Heaven forbid if Galvatron finds out. His interest in the children has lately turned from curiosity to obsession."

Ramirez spoke seriously, "The towers are almost complete so you should not worry about the planets safety. I have spread out the news to many surviving factions of our late home. They will join us soon and should be able to help protect our new homes better."

Rodimus, "The Maximals? I have heard of them. But I have never met. Though I have to ask, how did you know about them?"

Ramirez, "I am not surprised, Alpha - Q was highly protective of them. Till his death, he did not breath a single word.... Wait... What is that?"

Starscream checked the details, "It's coming from the Magenta planet. The planet furthest from us."

Optimus, "Oh no."

Before anyone could say or do anything the small planet had a large crack going through it before turning into dust and dissipating. Optimus snapped out of his shock and ordered for everyone to hurry the set up of the towers to activate the shield. Kicker and Rad felt the tension in the air and cut the call short promising to get back to their friends and families soon. As they rushed back to the main base they were attacked by Scorponok, or at least someone who looked like Scorponok.