CHAPTER THREE

*✧・゚: *✧・゚: chapter three

You look at yourself in Chan's mirror, huffing at your own appearance. You didn't even know how you ended up here on your Saturday night, standing in Chan's apartment in a skimpy black dress and red heels, wearing more makeup than you ever have before and wanting to die.

When Chan had phone you that morning saying he had a blind dead ready and raring to go, you'd told him to fuck off and hung up the phone. When you'd gotten over you post morning grump, you'd called him back and said fuck it, what did you have to lose - one date wouldn't hurt. That's how you ended up here, with Chris wolf whistling at you.

"Never seen you look so fine, kid," he said, giving your shoulders a squeeze in reassurance. He knew you felt uncomfortable dressing up like. Since you'd grown up surrounded by boys, it took you much longer to figure out your style and makeup, and you still felt nervous when you had to go all out sometimes.

"Ew. Shut up," you said, refusing the compliment as you weren't in the mood. Chris laughed.

"Seriously, you look great. You're date will love it, I assure you."

"You're only saying that because you chose this outfit, dumbass. Can you at least show me a picture of him? I want to know what I'm dealing with, here," you said, wiping off mascara smudges on your eyelids and downing the glass of alcohol Chan had given you to ease your nerves.

"Nope. Your taxi will be here soon, you'll meet him soon enough."

"Why couldn't you just drive me?" You ask him.

"Because Hyunjin and Felix are coming round shortly," he replied, answering your question. He took the empty glass from your hand and looked at the time. "Actually, you should probably get ready to go outside and wait for it."

You huffed again, looking for your keys and jacket. At that moment, the door opened and the two boys Chan had been waiting on entered. Hyunjin came in first, and you didn't even notice his eyes almost popping out his skull when he saw you, you were far too stressed. He was wearing a pair of cargo trousers and a regular t-shirt. His hair was in a ponytail, which you loved. Felix walked in after him wearing comfortable clothing, his blonde mullet tousled from the wind and, unfazed, gave you a hug. You were so happy he grew his hair back out after cutting it a couple months ago. His mullet was iconic.

"You have fun on your date, don't be a dick to him and try not to get the Ick too quickly," Felix laughed, helping himself to a beer from the fridge in Chan's kitchen. You laughed, easing up already just from Felix's encouragement.

Hyunjin wasn't the type to show you much physical affection, and only gave you a small smile.

"You look lovely," he said quietly, almost as if he only wanted you to hear, which was strange since the boys usually didn't have an issue complimenting you in front do the others. "You're going on a date?"