CHAPTER FIFTEEN

*✧・゚: *✧・゚: chapter fifteen

The drive was relatively long yet calm, you playing the playlist you'd made for Hyunjin and both enjoying the songs as you had a similar taste in music. Then, he made a turn into a road you didn't recognise and started driving up a one track hill.

"Where on earth are you taking me?" You question as you stare out the window at your surroundings. There was greenery on either side of you, and you were sure you'd never been in this area before.

"Do you really think I'm using this day to take you to a secluded location and kill you?" Hyunjin said. "Cause you're right."

You playfully punched him in the arm as he continued driving up the path. You eventually got to a clearing and Hyunjin parked the car, opening his door to get out. When you hesitated, he came round and opened your door for you.

"You coming?"

"Only if you promise not to murder me," you say cautiously. He puts out his pinky finger.

"Promise," he says, and you take his pinky finger in yours and shake it, getting out the car after you do so. You take the bag of food out of the trunk of his car before walking towards where Hyunjin had went. You follow him through bushes and trees for a couple minutes, keeping to the path in-front of you, until you stopped at a gate.

"Here we are," Hyunjin says, opening the gate to reveal one of the prettiest gardens you had ever seen. There was a water fountain in the middle of the area, with cobblestone paths surrounding it. Stone benches sat at two sides, vines crawling up the backs of them. There were flowers everywhere - greenery encapsulating the area with bursts of colour.

"What...how did you find this place?" You ask, walking through the area and marvelling at it's beauty. It was the absolute perfect spot for a picnic on a sunny day. You looked at Hyunjin, who smiled as he took a seat on the stone bench. You took a seat beside him.

"It's kind of our family place. Or, was. My grandmother found it and when my mum was born, she used to bring her here when she was a baby and wouldn't stop crying. She used to live near, so she'd push the buggy all the way up the hill we just drove up and would stop at the top, here. But back then there wasn't these features, the pond over there," he said, pointing over to a different area. "The water feature and the benches were bought by my grandmother. And then after a couple years she bought the piece of land."

"Thats so cool," you say. "It's so beautiful. Was that your grandmother who was a model?"

"Yeah," he says as he starts to take out the food. "So after I was born, my mum would take me here. We came every weekend for years and years. And if you look behind you, we got the benches engraved with my grandmother's name when she passed away."

You turn and look at the engraving, running your fingers over it. Hyunjin looks at you with a sad smile.

"Now I just come here whenever I can. Especially when things get stressful with work," he explains, opening a packet and offering you some of its contents. You take it and thank him.