CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

*✧・゚: *✧・゚: chapter twenty eight

You were fully aware Hyunjin wasn't keen on being on planes; he complained every time he had to travel for work trips and meetings, texting the group chat right until the last minute to keep his mind off it. What you didn't realise was to what extent he was scared of planes, but as you sat beside him, no feeling in your right hand, you understood.

Of course Hyunjin had bought first class tickets for the two of you. It was the first time you'd ever flown first class, and you had to admit you were enjoying the new lavish lifestyle that came with being the girlfriend of CEO Hwang Hyunjin. It was all a bonus, though. Despite the fact it had taken you a while to realise your feelings, you'd been in love with the man sitting beside you since he was a cocky, idiotic teenage boy with no idea what he wanted to do in life.

"Fucking hell," you hear him whisper under his breath as the plane bumps, making you jolt in your seats. You have to physically refrain from laughing at the poor man. You didn't mind planes, having flown back and forth from Korea and Australia for years, so you were Hyunjin's emotional support for the journey. Honestly, you were Hyunjin's emotional support for the trip overall. He hadn't explicitly said anything, but you could read him well at this point and could practically feel the nerves radiating from him.

You understood how he felt. If you were thrust into your father's life, meeting his other family after all this time, you'd be a mess. As much as Hyunjin resented his mum for leaving him, you knew he held her so close to his heart and all he wanted was to fix things. So, you were making it your mission to make things as easy and stress free as possible for him.

Chan had forced Hyunjin to leave his work phone at home, promising to take care of any and all matters that would arise over the weekend. You were thankful for this, since you knew how much Hyun loved his job and would do anything to make sure it was running smoothly. This, right now, was more important though, especially because of everything that had happened with his dad recently.

"Why don't you put your earphones in and try get some sleep?" You suggest, giving his hand a squeeze. "It's a long flight, and we'll be arriving in the morning, so we'll be super jet lagged."

"You don't mind?" He asks you, wide eyed and anxious. "I don't want you to be bored because I'm asleep."

"Of course I don't mind, silly. I'll just read my book," you say, waving the book you'd bought in the airport in-front of him. "I'll even let you rest your head on my shoulder."

"Sold," he says with a smile, pulling his earphones out his bag and connecting them to his phone. He places his head on your shoulder almost instantly, his hair tickling your chin. He'd decided to cut it really short again and dyed it black, which you absolutely loved since it reminded you of when you first met him. You leaned your own head on top of his, getting comfortable which wasn't hard since the first class chairs were like clouds.