CHAPTER NINETEEN

*✧・゚: *✧・゚: chapter nineteen

You walked out of your exam feeling the tears well in your eyes. Your first exam, two days prior, had gone excellently. You'd felt really proud. This one, however, had not gone to your expectations. It could have gone way worse, but considering the amount of time and effort you'd spent preparing your answers, just to clam up and have to half ass it...you were gutted.

You wiped your eyes hurriedly, rushing away from the university building as fast as possible. You didn't want to go back to your own apartment as you knew you'd end up wallowing in self pity and would end up getting worse by the hour, which would most definitely lead you to giving up even trying for your next exams. Instead, you walked to your friends apartment that was closest to your university, which was Jisung and Minho's.

You had no idea if they were even home, but since it was a Thursday and you knew Minho took Thursdays and Fridays off work, you hoped he would be in. You buzzed the main door when you reached their apartment building, praying that Minho would answer. Much to your luck, the door opened and you practically raced up the stairs to their apartment door.

You knocked a couple times, waiting for someone to answer. A couple seconds later, a sleepy Minho was opening the door.

"Hey?" He questioned, rubbing his eyes. His hair was sticking out at every angle and he was wearing his glasses. "What's so important that you interrupted my nap?"

You didn't say anything, just looked up at him as the tears threatened to spill. He almost instantly understood, opening the door wider and letting you in, opening his arms to welcome your embrace. You put your arms around his slim waist and hugged him tightly, holding back from crying. You never cried. You hated it, hated showing your emotions, but everything was starting to become too much to handle.

"Talk to me," is all Minho said as the two of you walked in to the living area of his and Jisung's apartment.

"I just bombed that exam. Didn't do half as well as I had expected. I tried so damn hard, but as soon as I sat to try and answer the questions, it was as if my brain had a total blank," you explained. You sighed dramatically, rubbing your head with your hands. "It's all just too stressful right now."

"I know what you need," he says whimsically. "You need the cats."

Your ears perked up and you slowly took your hands away from your face.

Minho stood up and you followed him into his bedroom where his adorable cats were sleeping lazily. Dori woke as soon as you entered and meowed, stretching her legs out and walking over to you, wrapping around your legs. You giggled at Minho's adorable cat.

"Dori always comes up to you," Minho says fondly. If there was one kind thing you could say about Minho, it was that he absolutely adored animals, especially cats. He had adopted Soonie and Doongie, and saved little Dori from an abandoned cats website. He hated the thought of animals without homes and, without consulting Jisung, had brought all three home.