CHAPTER FOURTEEN

*✧・゚: *✧・゚: chapter fourteen

You woke up with a jolt, hearing an immense amount of crashing in your apartment.

"Fuck," you heard someone say from another room. You rubbed your eyes groggily, stretching out and squinting your eyes at the sun that was shining through your curtains. It looked like it would be a nice, spring day.

You were interrupted from your calm thoughts when you heard another loud bang.

"Oh for gods sake," the same voice said, and you groaned as you moved aside your covers to get out of bed. You stuffed your feet into your slippers and pulled on a hoodie, since your apartment was cold and your legs were bare. You were surprised when you weren't hit with a pounding headache instantly, but figured the tea you drank last night must have been your saviour.

You walked into a catastrophic sight. Hyunjin on the floor, surrounded by pots and pans, with flour everywhere. You couldn't help but take a picture on your phone of the scene in front of you, laughing as you did so.

"I've had an incident," the man said. He had white powder all over his clothes, the floor - his face. It was a disaster.

You reached out a hand to help him up, and he gladly took it, the clatter of pots and pans continuing as he moved.

"What the hell happened?" You said to him as you shook your head laughing. You watched as he dusted himself down, trying to rid himself of the flour all over him.

"I was getting things out of your cupboards to surprise you with pancakes, but all the stuff was just stuffed in there so it all fell down! Then I tried to put it all back, and it fell down and took the open bag of flour with it," he explained with an adorable pout. "This is just reminding me why I don't cook."

"Disaster seems to be following you around this week, Hyun," you said to him, beginning to pick up the pots and pans from the floor. "It's not your fault though, the shelf is broken in that cupboard so everything's in there haphazardly. I've been meaning to fix it but I just haven't found the time."

Hyunjin helps as you put the pots and pans on the countertop.

"This just ruins the whole thing," he mutters, mostly to himself.

"What whole thing?" You ask. He looks at you sheepishly.

"You're not doing anything today, right?"

"I'm seeing a man about a dog."

"Shut up," Hyunjin replies to your stupid joke. "I have the whole day planned, as an apology for being a fucking idiot last night."

You raise an eyebrow. "What does this day entail?"

He brings a finger to his lips. "It's a secret, but I know you'll like it. It actually is a blessing in disguise, this, because we didn't really have time to make pancakes anyway. It's already mid day, so I was just about to wake you up."