CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

*✧・゚: *✧・゚: chapter twenty one

Glass, plates...items are smashed everywhere, littering Hyunjin's apartment floor. It's dim and silent in the apartment, and you wonder if Hyunjin's here at all or if he's been broke into, until you see his form sitting in the midst of the mess.

His body is slumped forward; knees bent, with his face in his hands. When he realises you've entered, he just looks up at you slowly with a tear streaked face.

"What the...Hyunjin?" You say quietly, walking towards him and trying not to step on anything smashed beneath you. When you reach him, you bend down to his level. He looks to you with those big brown eyes.

"Hi," is all he says with a hoarse voice. You don't even ask any questions straight away, you just pull him toward you and let him hug you. He grips onto you for dear life, pulling you tightly towards his chest. You stay like that for a minute, just glad to be back in each others embrace.

"What on earth happened? Did you do this?" You ask him when you start to pull away, staying by his side. He just shakes his head and begins to stand up, holding onto your sleeve in a way that makes you follow him. He leads you through his apartment towards the spare room.

He slowly pushes the door open, being so careful, and nods his head in the direction of the bed. You look over, and what you see confuses you further.

"Is that your dad?" You ask when you see the outline of an adult man lying on top of the bed, a bottle of alcohol in hand. Hyunjin nods and you hear his dad snore, sound asleep. He closes the door again gently, and you notice his hands are covered in blood. You instantly take them into your own, looking at him with worried eyes. What the hell is going on?

"Let's get you cleaned up, and then we can work on fixing the disaster in your kitchen, yeah?" You say to him quietly. You can ask questions later - now you just have to make sure he's okay.

You sit him on one of the chairs in the dining area of his kitchen and wet a cloth in the sink, bringing it to him. He looks up at you whilst you gently take his hands and start cleaning the blood off of them.

"How did you manage this?" You ask him whilst you do so.

"I started trying to clean up the glass but I kept cutting myself accidentally," he answers, his voice small. You don't say anything, continuing to clean his hands up.

"The cuts aren't deep, don't worry," you say, taking the cloth away once all the blood is gone. "We'll get the kitchen clean, then you can come to mine and spend the night there?"

Hyunjin just nods his head, clearly grateful that your here, helping him. The two of you get to work, and you make sure Hyunjin puts on rubber gloves so he doesn't hurt himself further. It takes you around an hour, working in silence, to empty all the smashed glass into the bin and clean up any liquid on the floor, placing back the items that hadn't been damaged.