CHAPTER FOUR

*✧・゚: *✧・゚: chapter four

The first half of the week went by relatively quickly. You'd just been studying mostly, making sure you were going to be able to cover all the material you needed to before your exams hit in one and a half months. Currently, you were at the CBH building in one of the practice rooms with Felix, who was teaching the new trainee group how to finalise their dancing to make sure it was as clean and sharp as possible. Since your best friends owned it, you often found yourself hanging about the building when you were bored of being cooped up in your apartment alone.

They didn't mind you being there as long as you didn't interrupt any work. So you just watched the group following along to Felix's recommendations. You'd spent a fair amount of time with these trainees, whether it was with Seungmin in vocal lessons or with Felix or just from seeing them around the building, and you had to say they were your favourite trainees in the company. It was five boys; Sungho, NJ, Ha-Ru, Alexander, Kyung and Eli. They were adorable, and you could see how hard they worked.

"Okay, show me one time full out, just the ending part since that's the bit I think you all need to work on more," Felix said standing in front of them. You stopped reading your book to watch them. He played the music for them and they got into their formation, starting to dance when the music got to the right part. The boys put their all into it, hitting the moves right, until one of the last moves where you could see all the boys struggling to extend their arm quick enough to follow the music. They all looked frustrated.

"Okay, that was good, but let me show you that one move one more time," Felix said. He was in his favourite dancing gear; sweatpants and a baggy T-shirt. You loved watching Felix dance. He practiced so much and although he was somewhat of a slow learner, he had improved so much throughout the years and he was just incredible. He hit the move perfectly and then asked the boys to do it again.

Sungho, NJ and Alexander managed to sort of get it, but the other three boys were still struggling. You felt like after hearing Felix teach dance so often you could help. You walked over to them and pardoned yourself for interrupting but asked them to to that move one more time.

"Okay, Felix will be too shy to tell you, but this move will look shit if you can't hit it properly and it would be frustrating for the whole dance to be amazing apart from this one move," you said, giving them the harsh truth. They chuckled at you, their frustrations dissipating from your crude language. "I think the problem is that you're channeling the move from your arm rather than your shoulder. Felix moves the side of his shoulder before the rest of his arm to hit it in time to the music, so try that."

Felix looks at you warmly, nodding along.

"She's right guys, I didn't notice when I was doing it but try that."

He plays the music again and you watch as every boy concentrates and hits the move perfectly, putting their energy into moving their whole body rather than just the one body part for the move. They look ecstatic after watching themselves in the mirror. Felix gives you a hug for fixing the problem he was struggling with.

"Well done guys. Gonna leave it on a high note there, so get some rest before practice tomorrow," he concludes the practice, picking up his hoodie. The boys gather their stuff and start chatting to each other. You hand one of the younger boys their water bottle and he thanks you.

"So, are you and coach Felix boyfriend girlfriend?" Kyung asks you abruptly. The other boys giggle and push him, apologising for his outburst.

"Hey, Kyung, you can't say that!" One of the other boys say. You laugh at the two of them.

"No, we're just friends. We've known each other since we were kids," you reply. Felix laughs, mouthing, 'been there, done that.'

"So do you not think she's pretty, coach Felix?" Kyung asks with a smirk. His friends start pushing him out of the practice room laughing.

"I'll see you all tomorrow," he ends the conversation, laughing his head off. He takes a towel and wipes the sweat off his forehead. "Sorry about that, they get too hyped when they do well in practice. They're only young."

"You were the exact same when you were younger, Lix. You used to do Fortnite dancing consistently. You were the most energetic kid I'd ever met."

"Okay okay, leave me alone! When's your next date," he said, taking a seat and drinking some water before his next group of students. You sat opposite him.

"Tomorrow night. After the first one I'm fucking stressed," you replied. Chan had set you up a second blind date, as much as you fought against him. You asked for it to be as soon as possible, wanting to get it out the way so you could go back to studying asap.

"I'm sure it won't be as bad as the first one," Felix said hopefully. "There are some decent guys out there if you look hard enough."

How wrong he was. The next night, you sat in-front of one of the most unappealing men you'd ever met in your life. He wasn't unattractive, but his mannerisms were god awful. He didn't stand up, or even look up from his phone when you arrived at the table. You had to literally force a cough for him to pay you any attention. He introduced himself as Min-Jun, and he was almost as boring as a plank of wood. He worked for a pen manufacturing company. He liked to fish. He lived with his mum.

You had no idea where Chris was pulling these men from, but you assumed it was the literal pits of hell. He burped without excusing himself, he took a fifteen minute phone call in between the main course and desert and conveniently forgot his wallet at home. You couldn't decide what was worse - Min-Jun forgetting his wallet or Jason forcing to pay the whole bill.

You went back to your apparent that night feeling defeated. Checking your phone, you noticed you had a text from Chris.

Papa Smurf 💙

How did the date go?
Hope your currently in the bedroom getting down and dirty 😀

Virgin Mary 💜

Yup, he's sucking my toes as we speak.
Think this guys a winner

Jk

I can't fucking stand you and
I don't know why we're friends

Papa Smurf 💙

That bad?

Virgin Mary 💜

I'll explain tomorrow 💤

You had an afternoon class the next day, so you stayed up for another hour to make sure you had your questions prepared properly. Despite the noise from outside, you loved your small student apartment. It had an open plan bedroom, living area and kitchen and a small bathroom. It wasn't much by any means but you'd made it a cosy place to live for the time being. It didn't compete with Chan or Hyunjin's penthouse apartments by any means, though.

So you fell asleep, fed up of grimy men and excited to see your friends after a long week.