CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

*✧・゚: *✧・゚: chapter twenty three

The next week was relatively peaceful - you'd told Minho you'd be available to do shifts at the restaurant when he needed you, since you'd need the extra money, so you'd been working from Saturday to Wednesday to cover an employee on holiday. You didn't mind it at all, but it did mean that yours and Hyunjin's work schedules completely clashed. Whilst he worked a 9-5 Monday to Friday, often going in earlier and using his own time to take work calls and reply to emails, your shift at the restaurant started mid day and didn't end until eleven at night or later.

This meant you hadn't seen each other properly since Friday, and because you'd been asked to work on Saturday you decided to call it a night early and head home after you'd finished the third round of the Mario tournament. (You did manage to hear, however, that Felix ended up winning - which was to be expected). The only time you'd seen each-other briefly was when Hyunjin came to the restaurant to get lunch on his break one day, but because Minho was there you hadn't been able to be as affectionate as you would have been with each other if it was just the two of you.

Felix, Chan and Minho had all asked you what had happened now that you and Hyunjin had made amends, but you'd just given the basic answer - that you were on good terms again. You felt you'd spilled too much details about yourself and Hyunjin to them, and now that Hyunjin had told you his big secret, you didn't want to share anything that would put him in an awkward positions. So, naturally, you kept your mouth shut.

However, on that lunch visit, you could just tell Minho (as observant as ever) knew there was something going on between the two of you. Hyunjin didn't do a very good job of hiding how smitten he was, and Minho totally saw that Hyunjin had asked you to do something with him on Thursday. He just gave you his signature smirk and you knew you were busted.

So Thursday rolled around, and all you had received were some extremely cryptic messages from Hyunjin telling you to wear something casual for the day. You were currently waiting on his text to say he was outside to pick you up. When that text arrived, you walked downstairs to see him standing beside his car, on his phone. When he sees you, his face lights up and he pockets it.

"Morning, gorgeous," he says, taking your hand to pull you in for a hug. You accept it warmly, wrapping your arms around him. When you pull away, you take in his appearance - black cargo trousers and a fleece jacket. Even when he was wearing clothes on the more casual side, he managed to make you look under dressed. "Stop staring at me, hm?"

You snap out of your trance and roll your eyes. "It's afternoon, actually."

He checks the expensive looking watch on his wrist as he opened the passenger car door for you, and you get it. "We better get a move on then."

"So, you gonna tell me what this day entails?" You ask him, and he shakes his head, the dark blonde pieces of hair framing his face swaying as he does so. His hair had grown out a little, and was now past his ears, so he had tied half of it up. "I'm starting to realise you're a fan of surprises."