CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

*✧・゚: *✧・゚: chapter eighteen

It had been a week.

A whole week since you'd left Hyunjin in that practice room, stormed away as he'd done to you so many times and let your tears fall as you walked home.

You didn't go to Hyunjin's dinner on Friday night, but Felix said Hyunjin seemed off the whole night and everyone left early.

You hadn't really spoken to any of the boys since then. You couldn't help but distance yourself - not only because of what happened with Hyunjin, but because your exams were starting this week and you couldn't let anything stop you from doing your best and getting good grades. It's all you'd worked towards for five years.

Today was a particularly gloomy day. The rain was light but evident, dripping down your window as you tapped a pen against your desk. You'd called Felix the other day and briefly explained the situation, but didn't give much detail. You really didn't want this to become a big thing, trying your best to work towards maintaining your friendship with Hyunjin.

If he'd even want to be your friend again.

It was starting to get dark, so you were totally surprised when you heard a knock at the door, and even more surprised to find a dripping wet Chan on the other side with flowers and a smile.

"What the hell are you doing here?" You said, letting him come inside. "Shoes off! You're soaking!"

"Sorry, my cars in the garage so I've had to rely on my legs for transportation, unfortunately," he said, giving you the flowers and taking his shoes off. "What a warm and cheery welcome, by the way."

"I'm not in a warm and cheery mood," you reply, taking the flowers over to your kitchen area and filling a jug with water. "What are these for?"

"Light encouragement for your exams. We're all proud of all the work you've put in, so we thought we'd give you something now to brighten the mood, which evidently needs brightening."

You roll your eyes to yourself, placing the flowers in the jug with a small smile.

"Plus," Chris continues. "I know why you've been so distant recently, and I want to make sure you're alright."

You almost snap your neck with how fast you turn to face him.

"What do you know?" You ask him cautiously, walking over to him to sit beside him on the sofa he'd apparently made himself at home on.

"I know all about you and Hyunjin, so you don't need to keep hiding it from me," he said with an all knowing grin. Your jaw dropped.

"You know?" You asked. He nodded. "How on earth do you know? Did he tell you?"

"You can say his name, you know. It's not poisonous," he says. "But no, he didn't tell me...well kind of. It's complicated."

"Make it less complicated."