CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

*✧・゚: *✧・゚: chapter seventeen

Today was the day. You'd texted Hyunjin earlier and asked if you could meet him tonight. You'd kept your messages quite ominous and short, not wanting to stress him out about the nature of your meeting. Hyunjin had already let you know that he'd be working late, so just to meet him at the company building. 

You'd tried your best to study over the last couple days, and all things considered you'd done well. But you couldn't concentrate, counting down the minutes until you'd get a taxi to have one of the most dreaded conversations of your life.

What scared you was the fact that if things didn't go well for whatever reason, your friendship with Hyunjin was at stake. You were in far too deep to just pretend like nothing had happened between the two of you, and it would take you a while to get used to going back to the way things were before...

Well, before everything.

Hyunjin had revealed a completely different side of himself to you recently, and it was a side of him you weren't ready to let go of. Rather than the calm, friendly yet serious CEO Hyunjin you knew - or even the party obsessed, crazy Hyunjin you'd known when you were a teenager - you had been introduced to this thoughtful, caring man who had opened up a lot in the past couple weeks, and had done his very best to make you happy.

But even then, you had to know why he had been leaving at the ring of his phone continuously for weeks. Where, or rather who was he going to. You'd been overthinking it for so long you thought your head might explode, and at this point all you wanted was an honest answer. No bullshit.

If he was seeing someone else, you'd be absolutely gutted but you'd understand. If there was a simple explanation, you'd be delighted and things could finally start to get serious, if Hyunjin wanted them to. But if there was something else, or he couldn't explain...

You didn't know what you'd do.

The clock finally turned seven, and you put your shoes on and left your apartment straight away. You had already booked an Uber and when it showed up you jumped in, knees shaking from stress. When the Uber stopped outside the company building, you got out, entering the building and making your way up to Hyunjin's office on the top floor. You stopped, though, when you received a text from him letting you know he was in a practice room.

"Practice room?" You said to yourself, wondering why he would be there. You changed the button you had pressed on the elevator to the one you knew had the dance practice rooms, getting out of it when you reached the right floor.

You walked through the corridor, smiling at the trainees you passed along the way. You looked into the windows at the door of each room until you found Hyunjin inside one of them. You slowly opened the door, preparing yourself for what you were going to say, but all thoughts left your head as you heard music and realised that Hyunjin was dancing.