CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

*✧・゚: *✧・゚: chapter twenty two

You stirred the next morning, groggily opening your eyes. You had totally forgot about the events of the night before, until you saw the man sleeping next to you. His hair was messy, his mouth was slightly open and he looked so peaceful. You just stared at him, not trying to be creepy, as he slept. He started moving a couple minutes later.

"Good morning," you say to him in a whisper. He smiles keeping his eyes closed.

"Shh, it's early. I'm sleeping," he says in his husky morning voice, totally setting butterflies off in your stomach, which you try to ignore. You take a look at the clock beside you, moving over slightly to look at it. But Hyunjin has other ideas, pulling you closer to his chest to stop you from creating distance between the two of you.

You giggle at his morning clingyness. "It's eight thirty, Hyun. Don't you have work at nine?"

He groans, nuzzling his face into your shoulder and wrapping his arms around you. You just roll your eyes fondly and accept it. "I do, and as much as I want to stay here I have an important meeting today. It's about the whole situation."

"You're still having meetings about that?" You ask, and he moves away from you slightly to open his eyes and talk to you.

"Unfortunately yes, but they've said this should be the last one until it's dealt with, so I need to go," he explains, staring at your face with a smile.

"Quit looking at me like that," you said, putting a hand over his face as he wriggles away from it.

"Sorry, can't help it when you're that beautiful," he says to you with a sheepish grin. You can't help the smile from forming on your face.

"Stop complimenting me and go have a shower, you stink," you say, totally lying but unable to accept the compliment as you're trying your best not to blush.

"Oh shut up, you," he says with a laugh as he rolls away from you and sits at the edge of the bed, stretching out his limbs. "I'm glad we sorted everything out. I don't think I could have dealt with the mushy angst much longer."

You laugh at him as he cringes, standing up off of your bed. "I agree, it was so unlike us. But just so we're totally clear of the mush, can we get the awkward conversation out the way? You know, the 'what are we' stuff?"

He smiles at you being awkward about the nature of your relationship, but honestly you just want to know where you stand. "Of course we can. I really, really like you, and I want to call myself your boyfriend, but -"

"But?" You say nervously, interrupting him.

"If you'd stop being a brat and let me finish," he chuckles. "I was going to say, but I want to ask you to be my girlfriend properly. I'm old fashioned, I guess I just want to make it special. So, for now why don't we just label ourselves as exclusive?"