CHAPTER THIRTEEN

*✧・゚: *✧・゚: chapter thirteen

You see his name light up on your screen and you panic slightly inside. You really hadn't prepared for him to call you so soon, and your feelings about the argument were still fresh. You seriously debated leaving it and just pretending you were asleep, but you knew that would make things worse, so you answered it. There was silence for a couple seconds as you waited for him to speak.

"Hello?" Hyunjin said cautiously.

"Hi, Hyunjin."

You heard him let out a sigh. "God, I -" he started, not being able to get his words across without them sounding short and stressed. "I'm so, so sorry for what I said to you earlier. It was so stupid and not true at all and I can't believe I acted that way towards you."

You pondered his words for a minute. Hyunjin sounded so sincere, and you knew he was since it took a lot for him to apologise. He was always one that backed his actions when he believed he was right, so hearing him apologise this way meant you knew he was being honest.

"It's...it's okay, Hyunjin,"you replied, stuttering over your words.

"No, but it's not okay princess," he said back quickly, and once again your heart did backflips at that dumb nickname. "I acted like such a dickhead, and ruined your night over nothing. You didn't even do anything! I'm just..."

He trailed off. "What is it?"

"You want full honesty?" He asked skeptically.

"No, a big fat lie would be delightful right now," you joked, a weak attempt to make the situation more lighthearted.

"Okay, okay. Honestly, I think the fake dating thing is starting to mess with my head a bit. Seeing you with that other guy tonight, I - it just felt weird. But that doesn't excuse the way I acted towards you at all, and I really am sorry," he explained, and you understood exactly where he was coming from. It made you feel icky knowing that you had reacted negatively when you saw him with another girl, just as he had when he saw you dancing with that guy.

"We're going full truths tonight?" You asked him.

"I guess so."

"Well, the reason I didn't really talk to you all night was because I saw you talking to that really pretty girl earlier. And, like you said, it made me feel weird," you revealed cautiously. He didn't say anything straight away, which made you slightly worried.

"Oh her?" He must have been thinking about who you were talking about. "She's nothing to do with me, she's the girl that Chan's been seeing recently."

What.

The fuck?

"Chris has been seeing someone?" You said, evidently shocked. Why on earth didn't you know this? You and Chris told each other close to everything, you had done since you were young. Except the fact you were currently fake dating his best friend and hiding it from him, but that's extremely irrelevant.