07

Don't forget to vote!

O R A B E L L A

"Oh this is so exciting! I can't believe I'm at one of Mr. Knights gatherings!" Monica exclaimed as we walked in the ballroom.

"You're acting as if you've never seen the guy... we literally work for him." I reminded her.

"Well yeah.. but he's barely there now."

After Gabriel told us about the gathering I waited a few hours before I went over to Monica's house. When I got there I told her about it and she insisted on coming.

I never asked Gabriel or Tanya if it was okay for Monica to come with me, not that it should matter.

The two of us were looking around for a table to sit at. As I looked around I caught eyes with Gabriel, and he did not look happy.

Oh shit.

Just as I was about to say something a small squeal escaped from Monica before I was dragged in the other direction.

"Ouch! Monica what the hell-" I began but stopped when I saw the two.

"Delilah! Boss! It's so good to see the two of you. Sophie isn't here?" She asked. I then turned around to see Maddox and Delilah sitting at one of the tables.

I noticed all of the empty seats as well... I have a bad feeling about this.

"Monica, Orabella. It's not to see you ladies again. Why don't you sit with us? The others should be arriving soon." He suggested.

"My mom wasn't feeling too well so she decided to stay home with my brother." Delilah added.

Monica nodded her head before sitting next to Maddox. Just as I was about to sit on the other side of Delilah, he stopped me.

"I know this may seem a little weird... but you think you could sit right there instead? My little niece is going to want to sit beside her cousin." He spoke out while pointing at a different seat.

As I sat he then cleared his throat, "Delilah is already aware of this... but if you ever talk to Cole's siblings, please do not bring up the strip club. We haven't told them about that side of the family yet, not even Reyna." He explained slowly.

I could tell how serious he was about this. When I looked over to Monica I saw how guilty she was looking. I bet she's thinking about the time she told Reyna about us working with Delilah and Cole.

The four of us sat at the table having a few drinks, talking and laughing at the jokes Monica told us. It wasn't too long before someone behind me had cleared their throat.

When I turned around I saw that it was Xavier, Cole, and the rest of their family. I watched in silence as they all took their seats.

Cole was the last to sit... and the only empty seat was next to me. I feel like Maddox secretly planned this.