Oneshot: Kagura x nb!reader

Requested by animegirl_2468

In another life
*sad*

Pov Y/n

 I went on a mission alone this time, without Kagura, every time here and then, he would go with me on a mission, he was scared that he would lose me, but I was strong, I could protect myself from any danger.
 After all, my master was Tsunade, she taught me how to heal others and protect myself too.
 But right now my job is to finish this mission, some gang robed and caused crimes in a village, and I needed to get rid of them.
 After the arrival in the village, It was quiet, with no people, no animals just the sound of the wind, you could even hear the silence from how quiet the town was.

 As I started walking, not too long, I feel someone pushing me with all their force on my back, I fell slowly coughing from the impact, I look behind and slowly got up, It was a tall man all in black.

 He started coming for me, he threw a kunai at me, but I catch it throwing it back at him, hitting him in his head, but then many of him started appearing near me, now... I was surrounded by them.

 I look slowly at them, guessing who will gonna attacking me first, then a smaller one ran towards me, throwing a punch at me, but I dodge it and took his arm pinning him down and hitting his head, then the other ones started fighting me.

 I guess there were like six people on me right now, trying to battle me, I tried to dodge and punch, but I fall, why, because someone just hit my back, It's not that I have the strange and speed but there are so many, It's not fair...

 Then I hit two of them right in the guts and jumped behind them, slicing their throats. Ok four more, I started to battle them until they were on the ground.
 I sighed and smiled.

"Oh, you shouldn't have to battle the L/n Y/n, I'm no match for you, little boys."

I smirked for the last time and I hear someone screaming my name...Kagura. I look towards the voice and I see him running to me.

"SEE?! I didn't need your help, Ka-"

But then I feel something going through me, I look down and saw something like a wide plant with spins, then the plant started to shrink. I looked at Kagura, he had teary shocked eyes, but then I fall.

Pov Kagura

 When I heard that Y/n went to the mission by themself, I runt as fast as I could to their location. I even fell a few times trying to get to her.
 And when I did, they stayed on their feet.

"SEE?! I didn't need your help, Ka-"

That's when a guy used his Ninjutsu on them, a plant going through them, and leaving a hole in their stomach. I run towards them and I throw a punch at the man leaving him lifeless on the ground, and I take Y/n's head on my lap.

"Hey, Y/n. You okay?"

They sigh and look at me, blood dripping from their mouths.

"I think this is the moment when we say goodbye forever, Kagu...not like when we were kids and we stayed In different villages and you've just come kilometers to see me."

I hear their chuckle and I smiled, tears running down my cheeks.

"No, no, we aren't going to say goodbye, my love...I still need you, you need me, we need each other, you know I cannot live without you."

 I take their hands on mine, kissing their hand slowly, and they...just smile.

"Kagura... you know that I've always told you I fear death? And I will be scared like hell when that will come?"

"Yes dear, yes..."

"Well now, I'm not fearing death, because I'm in your arms, a warm place I could always call home...you were my home, my everything Kagu..."

"No, Y/n, I will always be, just, please, don't die on me please!"

I was crying like hell, and they were just smiling with tears in their eyes, no pain was shown from them.

"Kagu...let's meet in another life...when we will have a happy life, will get married, have a family, and die together by oldness. Promise me, to meet me there as soon as you can, because without you...I will be lonely. You're my soulmate, Kagura Karatachi..."

"I swear I will meet you there, Y/n... we will have a boy and a girl as we always wanted..."

I smile and I kiss them for the last time.

"I loved you, I love you, and I will always love you in our new lives..."

"I love you and I will promise to love you every day from now on, Y/n until I die from age or get killed, then I will start to love you again when I will meet you again. May fate bring us together again, love."

"Don't forget me, Kagu. As a sign, I will come to you as a butterfly, a pink one, just like your eyes, my love."

 And that was their final words, now I was sitting in front of their grave, sniffling and looking down.

"How could I forget such loveable being like you, Y/n, my love? You gave me everything, your love, your smile, your laughing that I would smile at how cute it sounded. I'd give everything to hear it again...but now rest until we meet again, my dear Y/n."

 He looks up at their grave and a pink butterfly sit on his hand, and his sniffling got louder, and smiled.

"I love you, Y/n..."