Chapter 1: Leaving the Closet

Dark clouds covered the night sky as drops of water fell onto the ground. Lightning danced across the sky to the beat of the roaring thunder. One by one the raindrops fell disturbing the sand below. In the midst of this surrounded by giant gum trees, a boy stood in all this chaos. His skin was fair and his hair black. Tears flowed down from his black eyes in regret of what he just did.

Clutched tightly in hand was a long black staff. A red liquid flowed from the weapon to the boy's hand. His arms shook violently causing him to let go of the weapon. "Dad?" He called out trying to get a response. The boy saw his father's lips move, but he could not make out what he was saying. Little by little the adult's breath left his body until he was just a corpse. Suddenly help arrived, but it was already too late, the boy's father had died.

In the distance a muscular man watched the scene unfold. While doing this, he dropped the cigarette he was smoking on the ground and stepped on it with his boots. Strangely smoke appeared from beneath his foot even though everything was soaking wet.

A gentle breeze then blew his cloak, revealing a white mask on his waste in the shape of a dragon's head. He quickly took out another cigarette from his pocket and placed it in his mouth. With a single breath he lit it.

Ten years later a teenage boy walked through some school corridors. Wherever he went people would shift aside. This was not out of respect, they did not want to interact with him.

Thanks to the boy's sensitive ears, he could hear everything they were saying about him. They are looking at me with those eyes. He thought before he entered a room. The boy quickly slammed the door behind himself. He took a deep breath as he sat on the floor. Even so I don't blame them, after all I'm a murderer. The boy remembered his father's eyes before dieing.

"I can't believe that we have to share the same school as him. It's bad enough they allow abnormals here, but he is a murderer." One of the students complained.

"He is lucky to be born in the Dlamini, most of them wouldn't even be let in." Another student stated.

"Why don't they just expell him already?" A boy with orange hair joined the conversation. "Cody is at the bottom of the class after anyways. At this rate he will drag our school's name through the mud." He added.

While this was happening, the dark haired boy placed his launch box on one of the many buckets in the room and prepared to eat. Today he was carrying chilly fries which he got from a restaurant on his way to school. Upon looking at them the boy smiled bitterly. Seeing them reminded Cody of a certain caucasian girl with short, crimson hair. When they were children, they used to eat them together. "I must be a distant memory by now." He mumbled before shoving some fries into his mouth.

After sometime the door to his secret hiding spot opened. "So this is where you were hiding, young Mr.Dlamini."

"What are you doing here?" The boy questioned as he closed his lunch box. Light from the sun was brightening up the room revealing the student's short spiky black hair and fair complexion. His eyes were as black as the night sky. "And please just use Cody not Mr. Dlamini. That title is for old people councilor."

"Aren't you going to grow old yourself?" The councilor smiled.

"What are you doing here sir?"

"You missed our session today." The adult responded. "I still need to know what are you planning to do for your future."

"I don't know what I should do. Besides, do I really deserve to dream?" Cody questioned. Can't you just leave me alone already. He looked at the adult.

"Everyone deserves to have a dream especially teenagers like you." The doctor stated before he shortly turned to the door. "I don't know what happened to you or what you are going through, I just want you to know that I'm always here if you need to talk. Don't count yourself short my boy."