Chapter 14: The Eight Titans

"Gelatin prison!" Maya shouted, before a green substance appeared from the ground and wrapped itself around the target. Due to the gelatin's properties, escape was futile.

"Nice try. For an abnormal..." One of Maya's prisoners stated as they used their fire attribute to break free. Once he escaped he used his attribute to propel himself forward at great speed.

"Checkmate." Maya stated before green hydra appeared from behind and flung her opponent back at his teammates who were just about to break free from her prison.

Before they could do anything else, all heads were now facing their direction. With a snap of her finger the creature unleashed everything it had eaten in the environment.

"She's improved somewhat..." Brandon told Sito, who was watching the fight attentively.

"I can see that..." He responded before jumping off the tree. This surprised their opponent who was knocked out by Sito's surprise attack.

"Like that we've all soloed an entire team." Brandon stated as he landed behind Sito.

During that moment a man with dark blue hair and eyes watched the battles whilst leaning against one of the stadium pillars. He was wearing the Ngwane knight uniform complete with the blazer that had the Ngwane flag on it and a tie with his squad's badge.

"Long time no see Trinity." Someone greeted.

"Oh it's just you Lion." He turned to the man approaching him.

"So you came after all." Lion responded.

"If I didn't come, Linda would have my head."

"The head captain can get a little extreme sometimes." Lion awkwardly laughed. "Have you found any potential recruits yet?"

"Only a few." Trinity sat on a guard rail to rest his legs. "The rest don't have what I'm looking for."

"Like who?" Lion leaned on the guard rail.

"That boy for example." Trinity pointed at Cody. "He is being carried by his team's excellent teamwork."

During this moment, Cody ran through the forest while being pursued by a group of people. Attacks flew past him as he made his way to a certain location. "Now!" He shouted before jumping onto a tree. Suddenly a combination of a wind and lightning attack rained down on his pursuers knocking them out.

Three were taken out, leaving one remaining. Before he could counter, Abby jumped out of some bushes and charged up an attack. With one blow the student was left unconscious eliminating him in the process.

"That's six for me yeah!!!" Abby celebrated as the boys jumped off the tree.

"We are on a roll." Zack added.

"I wish we could know how many teams are left." Cody stretched.

"I think we are supposed to find that out ourselves, this is an examination after all." Abby suggested.

"True and in real missions the is no concrete way to know the true number of the enemy." Zack remembered their battle in the forest. "We just have to use the information given."

"So don't worry Cody, you are not dragging us back." Tesla snickered.

"Really funny Tesla." Cody looked away.

"Anyways, where to next?" Abby asked.

"Let's crossover to the other side, I doubt Cosmo is in the forest." Tesla then began to run into the forest. "If he was someone would have found him by now."

While this was happening, Cosmo was sitting on lounge chair when he heard some footsteps headed his way. Most kids think I'm somewhere in the forest, who could this be? He looked towards the path leading to the forest.