Chapter 6: Confrontation

That night Cody shot up from his bed. His clothes were dripping wet. This dream, just what is it trying to tell me? The boy rubbed his eyes. He looked around his small, messy bedroom noticing flashes of light pass by at the window.

The boy then got up and stepped on the creaking wooden floor before dragging his feet to the door carved with the Ngwane flag. Along the way he stepped on some clothes, which he quickly threw at a basket which was close to exploding.

Cody slowly walked along the  passage way heading straight towards the bathroom. He often heard people passing by on street. At first I thought it was just an ordinary dream, but it keeps reoccurring over and over again.

The boy passed by a round window prompting him to look outside. That is where he saw three knights patrolling the empty streets. Cody saw the trio laugh at a joke one of them told. He continued watching them for sometime imagining that it was him and his two friends laughing at the joke. When they turned the corner, Cody resumed his journey to the bathroom.

Just when he was about to reach his destination. The boy heard the main door creak open. When Cody went to investigate, he discovered that it was Sito returning from a training session. His brother had a towel around his neck and he was carrying a water bottle. The abnormal could not help, but stare at his brother as he approached.

Cody tried to greet his sibling, but Sito simply ignored him and closed the bathroom door. It was at that moment when Cody realized he had messed up. In this household, Sito was notoriously known for finishing all the hot water due to him taking long forty minute baths.

Sometime passed and Sito left the room. When he slammed the door, he woke Cody up who was sleeping in the passage way. Sito ignored him and proceeded to his bedroom. Cody realizing this decided to return to his room as well. He activated the boiler to heat up the water, set an alarm for five and went back to bed.

The next day, Cody arrived at school and discovered that the was an emergency assembly being held. From the distance he saw a building sprouting from the ground like a tree. This was the hall where assemblies are held.

When he was at the entrance to the building, Cody heard some murmurings about the magi passing away. However, due to his past experiences with school rumors, the boy simply ignored it.

Just then Abby came crashing in. Her action nearly made Cody fall. "Hello partner." She greeted with a toothy grin. The boy smiled in response before turning to face her.

"Still hyper I see." Cody responded.

"It's the morning. One should be joyful and energized." The two entered the large brown building together. "By the way did you hear the rumors about the magis death?"

"Yes I did, but I'll wait for official sources. I don't want the repeat of last year." Cody remembered, arriving in the middle of nowhere anticipating a huge chilly fry festival. He had to walk three kilometers to the nearest bus stop to board a taxi back home. However, this was not the only incident.

"Unfortunately, this time it is legit. Why do you think they are hosting an emergency assembly now?" Abby explained.

"Good point..." Cody understood. "Have they discussed who is the next one in charge?"

"According to the social worker next door to me. They haven't yet." Abby responded. "They are still waiting for the funeral this weekend and the return of some noble clan leaders."

"I guess my uncle is around." Cody scratched the back of his head.

"What do you mean?" Abby questioned.

"It's nothing." Cody looked at the marble floor that decorated the the blue interior.

After sometime both teenagers departed to their respective classes. Little did they know they were being watched. "We have to do something about this."