Chapter 2: A New Hope

Azoth is the type of energy that exists in the world. It is neither created or destroyed. Azoth is found in both living and none living organisms. With a single exception to the rule, if a living organism runs out of azoth they will perish.

In humans azoth manifests itself into four elements: fire, water, air and earth. Each of which has multiple sub elements such as smoke for air. By converting azoth people can manifest one of the many attributes that exists.

Amongst the users of azoth lives a group of people who use a unique attribute that no one else in the world possesses. They are referred to as abnormals and due to certain events long time ago abnormals are both hated and discriminated against.

In a brightly colored dinning room filled with flowers of different variety, someone appeared out of nowhere. "I'm soo tired..." The person removed her rabbit mask to wipe the sweat off her brow.

"How many times should I remind you not to remove your mask in the presence others?" A female voice echoed from the passage way. "We are supposed to keep our identities secret from each other."

"Lady-T." The person recognized the voice. "If I knew that I would bump into you, I would've headed somewhere different." The person slowly stood up.

Lady-T quickly shifted her gaze to the people the person brought. "Are those the specimen?" Lady-T approached the captives.

"Nana," Lady-T slammed the table with her hand. The whole building shook a little. "There's only two, where is the third one?"

"In prison by now." Nana put her mask back on. "By the time I got to him, he'd already captured."

"You are so incompetent." Lady-T went on a small rant.

"If I had done something, the knights would already be on our trail." Nana responded. "Capturing these losers is not our top priority."

Without saying a word, Lady simply walked away. Every step she took echoed throughout the house. "Where is she going?" Someone asked. He had been sitting on the table munching on cereal for some time.

"Why should I care?" Nana responded.

"Wyet, I'm leaving you in charge of the main mission." Lady-T stated. "Thanks to Nana, my list of errands has just grown a bit."

"Okay..." Wyet continued eating. As soon as he felt her presence disappear, Wyet through his tiger mask looked up at Nana. "You two should really stop fighting like a bunch of children. We are on the same team after all."

"What do you know kid?" Nana left the room, leaving behind the people she brought.

"Why do I even try?" Wyet sighed.

Meanwhile, Cody found himself wondering in a dark space. The was nothing to his left and nothing to his right. It was completely empty. Suddenly, he heard a voice echoing in the void.

The boy frantically scouted the area in order to find its source, however he turned up short. "Abnormal!" The voice repeated, before Cody heard something moving behind him.

Not far from himself the boy noticed a pair of glowing yellow eyes staring back at him. From their shape Cody suspected that they belonged to a snake.

"Who are you?" The boy carefully asked. It was at that moment the eyes started rising from the ground.

"Thanks to your actions a week ago, I am now bound to you..." The mysterious creature ignored his question. The eyes started moving around as if they were analyzing the boy. During this moment Cody faintly heard some footsteps.

They sound like claws hitting a hard surface. Cody listened carefully.

"Even so your body is still very weak, like that of an infant. A small percentage of my power would drive you insane right now..." The creature added before hissing.