Chapter 19: Seated Officer

The Ngwane military had a unique chain of command from the nations around them. They were referred to as seated officers. They are ranked from number one also known as the captain, to rank number five.

Thanks to all his hard work, Cosmo had managed to claw his way into one of these prestigious positions. Despite his bloodied and torn purple and silver uniform, anyone could see the number five on his right shoulder.

That was really close. Cosmo glanced at the children behind him. His gaze lingered on Cody for sometime looking at the wounds the boy received. The Knight then shifted his gaze from the children to the abomination in front of him. It bared its fangs at him, as if it was inviting him to attack.

Suddenly, the seated officer vanished into thin air. Shocked by this Cody frantically looked around. From nowhere a giant flame ignited on the monster's abdomen. The creature was pushed back just before a giant flame slammed its face into the ground.

Cosmo appeared in front of the creature breathing heavily. "The sibhacha spell." Cody marveled.

"What is that?" Robin looked at the boy.

"It's a spell that boosts the physical capability of the user to beyond human level." Clement explained before Cody could open his mouth. "It's often used with other spells. However, it is said that once activated every step taken creates small tremors."

"Burst slash!" Cosmo appeared before sending the attack. The children scanned the area however no one could see what the attack looked like. Suddenly a huge flame appeared on the monster splitting it into two halves.

The flames moved in a straight line destroying some trees behind the beast. "So this is the power of a seated officer." Clement smiled as Cosmo landed.

"Wait we were supposed to fight this guy to pass?" Robin started sweating.

"Yep." Clement responded as the creature slammed its tail on Cosmo. "Are you scared?"

"Me...never." Robin forced a smile.

Cosmo grabbed the tail and spun the creature around. While doing so, he coughed out blood terrifying the children a bit. He tossed the monster through the forest destroying some trees. "Don't worry about me, it's just a little cough." Cosmo smiled before propelling himself towards the monster.

Who is he kidding? Anyone can see that you clearly aren't. Robin observed the fight. Cosmo quickly vanished leaving a trail of fire behind him.

Before he could touch the beast, he was caught of guard by its tail sending him flying. Cosmo controlled himself mid-air landing safely. Before he could do anything, the creature slammed into him causing him to cough out blood.

Using the monster's yellow eyes, Emanz watched the battle unfold. Seeing Cosmo fight so desperatly amused him. "This amazing." Emanz slammed his hands together as he began to smile. "Let me apply more pressure."

Cosmo severed one of the creature's hands, however it quickly grew it back and continued with the attack. Observing this the knight, moved from his position. Before the knight could catch his breath the monster suddenly appeared in front of him. It quickly wrapped its tail capturing the hero.

"Now squeeze Camu..." Emanz ordered.

The tail tightened as the monster attempted to crush his bones. Cosmo tried breaking free, but thanks to the damage he had accumulated; he was unable to do so. The more it crushed the knight the worse it got for him.

The audience watched in horror as the seated officer was being killed in front of them. If it wasn't for this barrier nullifying my azoth... Ozen noticed the creature's tail split away from its body. Before it could reattach itself, the monster was pushed back by a black staff.