Chapter 21: End of the beginning

In the early hours of the morning Ozen was seated behind a wooden desk. Using his light attribute the adult artificially brightened the room.

On either side of his desk was a large pile of papers. Due to it taking a long time to name the next magi the work had built up over time. "Oh, someone is planning on starting an ice cream shop in Siteki." He read one of the papers presented to him. "Considering the location and it's economy..." Ozen looked at his laptop for the information.

"I can approve of this." He signed the paper before placing it on another pile. "On top of approving business plans. I have to select someone who will act as my second and someone else who will be the Tsela clan leader. This is tough." He leaned back on the chair.

"Giving up already?" Someone questioned as they opened the door.

"No sir. I'm just getting started." Ozen smiled. "It's been some time Mr Bafana."

The elderly man walked in to the the room slamming the door behind him. He looked around observing the mess that had been created. "I'm sorry the deliberations took so long. You shouldn't be doing this much work." He approached the desk carefully avoiding some piles of paper. "I'll try and arrange some people to help you out. Not all of these need your attention after all."

"Don't worry about it sir, I can handle it all. It's my burden to carry." Ozen reached for another paper. Just as he was about to touch one The Dlamini clan leader slammed his hand on top of the magi's.

"Ozen you are now the one in charge, not a second in command. Your time is precious and should be focused on more important things like the peace summit between Mzansi and Ngwane coming up really soon." Bafana stared daggers at Ozen. "Things like ice cream shops should be left to lesser individuals not you. Untill you name someone to lead the grand knights I'll assign some people to assist you. Got that?"

"Y...yes sir." Ozen nervously responded. His clan leader's aura was as fierce as ever.

"And another thing. You are my superior now so I don't expect you to call me sir. My name would be proper."

"Got it Bafana." Ozen responded.

"Good, I'm glad we are on the same page." Bafana lifted his hand from Ozen. He quickly turned around and headed for the door.

"Wait you came here just to tell me that?" Ozen was confused.

"Yes. This is the last time I could order you around." The senior citizen laughed. "And congratulations on becoming the magi. You've made our clan proud. I'm sure...Temasuku would proud of what you've become."

Ozen took out a locket from his pocket. "I'm sure she is."

"Do you still think about her?"

"Everyday." Opened the locket. Inside was a picture of a fair skinned woman, with black hair and red tips on it. She was hugging him from behind and the smiled whilst looking at the camera.

"Then use that pain to create a nation she would be happy to live. That's what I did when it came to my wife Hestia." Bafana opened the door.

"I will Bafana." Ozen smiled as he returned the item back into his pocket. And with that the Dlamini clan leader was gone.

Outside the office Bafana noticed someone waiting for him. "So you were still waiting for me Clement."

"Yes grandpa. I wanted to ask you about Cody."

Meanwhile thousand of miles away Cody cleaned Cosmo's tombstone. The boy removed the dieing flowers and put new white roses. Little did the boy know that someone was approaching him.