Chapter 22 - Unexpectedly

Anyone got a book trailer for this story? Please let me know so that I could dedicate a chapter to you. Thanks a lot! <3

Chapter 22 – Unexpectedly

** COURTNEY's POV **

"I only want your attention, Courtney." He voiced out steadily as he finished with a smile.

He literally caught me off guard and he took my breath away. I could feel my jaw dropped on the floor and my heart just exploded.

What the hell was that all about Chad Treyson! You're obviously messing with my mind, my heart, and my emotions!

Oh karma. You are such a bitch!

I have to collect myself. I have to piece myself together. Focus Courtney. Don't let yourself loose your composure over a silly well-constructed sentence.

I gathered all my strength to face him and appear intimidating. "Oh really?" I asked with raised brow.

And of course he had another thing in mind. "Yeah. Why? Are you jealous?" He asked, this time he's smirking.

And that smirk ruined everything. All the strength I gathered a while ago sudden thrown out of the window. "Je-jealous? Me? Oh Chad, are you trying to make me laugh?" I bit out defensively. 

"I'm just teasing you, Collins. No need to be defensive." He said with a laugh. "Just keep in mind what I said. I only have my eyes on you." He finished with a smile.

Oh dear God! Please stop Chad from doing that! I'm losing my head here. He's freaking my heart out!

This isn't right. I have to save myself from this doom. He's playing you, Court. This is a game for Pete's sake! I reminded myself.

"Is Treyson flirting with me?" I asked with raised brow.

"Flirting? Of course not. I'm just saying the truth." He said in a casual tone.

What truth? What kind of truth was that? Does it mean that you want me? Or like me?

Or maybe he only has his eyes on you because of the deal. Seriously, honey, you're way thinking ahead of yourself.

Damn you!

"Good then!" I said with slight hint of irritation. "Just so you know, I don't like flirts, okay?" I clarified.

Chad smiled and gave me a salute. "Yes ma'am."

Damn it! I couldn't stop myself from thinking that he's cute.

Stop this madness, Court! You're losing your game!

"Oh by the way, since I already proved to you that I'm the type of person that complies on the deals... can I put my glasses on now?" He suddenly asked, which made me out of my musing.

But that's the problem. I didn't quite catch what he just said. "What deal?" I asked, feeling like a complete idiot.

"It's obvious, right? My mom likes you and I took off the glasses. So..."

"Your mom likes me?" I gushed and smiled like a Cheshire cat.

"For some unknown reason, yeah." He teased with a laugh. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face!

"Wow. I really like her too. She's a cool mom, Chad." I told him with honesty.

Gosh! Chad's mom likes me! Chad's mom likes me! Chad's mom likes me!

Oh dear. It's only Chad's mom. I wonder what would you look like if Chad likes you. Well I guess we'll have to wait for the next lifetime. When you're likeable in his eyes.