Chapter 13 - The Unhappy Queen

Thank you for your patience and support.

Please play "Can't fight this feeling anymore" while reading this chapter. Thanks! Enjoy!

---------

Chapter 13 – The Unhappy Queen

** COURTNEY’s POV **

Okay, I was probably the worst person living in the surface of the Earth right now.

But then, you couldn’t blame me for doing that. I did it not because I desired to but because I have to! I have to do this, to save myself!

I wondered, what was he thinking about me right now?

Well, he should have expected it coming, I mean, I wasn’t avoiding him for days just for nothing. I have a very valid reason for that.

I don’t want to see him. I don’t want to feel those funny feelings every time he stared at me.

Damn it!

I hate it when he does that!

At the hall, at the cafeteria and worst of all, at the class!

Damn it Courtney Collins! Why haven’t you noticed that all this time, you shared the same class together! And worst, of all the seats to be vacant, why does it have to be beside him!

What was happening to me?

Why was I acting like a lunatic!

“I hate this!” I screamed and buried my face in my pillow to vent out my anger and frustration.

I was at my room, sulking and contemplating all the things that had transpired in the last three days, the days after the incident at that stupid auditorium.

I rolled over and faced the ceiling of my canopy bed. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I still remembered when Ms. Dunes asked me to sit next to him. I was nervous and tensed. I tried my best to avoid eye contact with him, but then my attempts failed me.

I couldn’t help but stole a glance at his direction, not knowing he was also doing the same thing!

He was looking at me!

He even smiled at me!

I immediately looked away, fearing that he might see my reddened face from pure embarrassment.

I swear, at that moment, I felt my heart stopped and my stomach flipped!

What the hell have you done to me, Chad Treyson?

I opened my eyes and sat up. I reached for my handbag and took the note out. It was the handwritten conversation of Chad and me a while ago. I unfolded it and read it again.

What’s wrong?

I rolled my eyes at this.

“You want to know what’s wrong? You, Chad Treyson! You’re the every definition of wrong in my dictionary! How could you? How could you make me feel… giddy and… fuzzy by just looking at me! How could you make my heart unstable by just smiling at me! How could you sang each words so casually without knowing that you’re giving me the strong impact into it!”

I let my back fall at the comfort of my bed after my sudden outburst.

What was happening to me?

I felt insanely stupid for talking to myself. I mean, I’m Courtney Collins, The Courtney Collins! Why was I acting like this? I’d never been this stressed out in my whole life! Let alone give too much attention to someone not in the same status as mine.