Chapter 16 - Make It Real

Hello! Hello! Hello! I’m back and alive!

So before anything else, I would like to make an announcement. On June 28, 2014, we’ll be having another book signing session in Market! Market! Activity Center 2 PM. I’m so excited to see you all there!

Here’s the new chapter of SILWAG. Enjoy! Please play the music in the multimedia section while reading this.

You Make It Real - James Morrison.

 -------

CHAPTER 16 – Make It Real

** COURTNEY’s POV **

I would never have suspected Chad as the flirting type, yes we had moments, but that was purely teasing. This was probably the first time I heard him countered at my pitiful attempts of obvious flirting.

This game was becoming exciting and dangerous at the same time. It was like I was playing with fire. And Chad, at this angle, I must admit, was looking kind of hot for the very first time.

I really don’t understand why he was wearing that hideous thing he called glasses where in fact; he could actually look good without them. Great even!

I kept on starring at him, but unfortunately, he wasn’t looking back. He was seated at the chair opposite to mine. He was clearly avoiding my stare as he busied himself flipping through the pages of a book. I kept narrowing my eyes at him, mentally pushing him to look at me. But it was pointless. He still busied himself with whatever that thing he was reading.

"What are you doing?" He asked while his eyes finally locked to mine.

I used that as my opportunity to put my first plan into action.

Say hello to flirtutor!

"What do you mean what am I doing?" I asked, ignoring the obvious confusion that was becoming visible on his face. I batted my lashes and finished with a sweet and knowing smile.

He slowly leaned forward, his features showing that he was somehow in wonder. And that gesture of his made my smile even wider. Gotcha! I knew it! Nobody could resist the charm of The Courtney Collins, not even a cold-hearted geek like you, Chad Treyson.

"Is there something wrong with your eyes? You kept on opening and closing them." He bantered.

I tried my very best not to roll my eyes in front of him. He’s so naïve!

What the hell was wrong with you Chad Treyson! This is called flirting, you idiot!

This guy was hopeless!

He shook his head and leaned back. He pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed. “Stop whatever it is you’re doing and tell me, what do you really want, Collins? What’s your real purpose here?”

He turned me down!

That was embarrassing! I bet he knew what I was trying to do. He just purposely ignores me for his liking. I rolled my eyes to this and just ignore his insults. I don’t want my dignity to be stepped-on by him any further.

“I told you that I need your help in Math.” I tried to enlighten him.

“You don’t. You’re okay with math.” He stated in a matter of fact.

And what does he mean by I was okay with Math? “What do you mean by that?” I asked, clearly confused.

“I’m a Student Assistant. Meaning I sometimes check exam papers. And I happen to check yours most the time. “