Chapter 7 - Dealing With The Queen

Thank you for reading this story =)

-----------

CHAPTER 7 – Dealing With The Queen

** CHAD’s POV **

These slushies were really getting into my head. I haven’t learned the art of removing these things; not yet, this was totally new to me.

I lowered my head; low enough to reach the flowing water in the men’s room sink and continued to wash away the excess slushies residing in my hair.

“Damn it!” I cursed.

It’s freakin’ cold! I’m having a brain freeze.

This isn’t working. There must be some other way to remove this thing. Flowing water is definitely out of the picture.

I closed the faucet, raised my head and looked myself in the mirror. I was surprised when I noticed that I wasn’t alone anymore. There was someone standing behind me, he looked worried.

“Running water won’t work on that, take this instead.” He handed me a dry towel but I just shook my head in disbelief.

“What are you doing here, man? I told you never to come close to me. You’ll be in trouble.”

“What the hell!” He shouted. “After what happened, you expect me to just stand there and watch you? What kind of best friend does that!” He then threw the dry towel to my face.

There is no use in arguing in a situation like this. I’m shivering already; it’s too damn cold! I took the towel and gently rubbed it to my face and hair.

So this is the trick to the slushies, huh. I thought to myself and then he continued talking now with a calm voice.

“What happened? Why so sudden the football team is after you?” He asked.

“They just run out of geek to torture with.” I lied casually.

“High school is really a bitch. Popular kids bully you for no reason. Good thing Courtney Collins was there to stop the trouble.”

I groaned in disbelief as Jackson, my best friend said that. That’s the reason why I don’t want to tell him the truth. He might not believe that his oh-so-precious queen Collins was the reason for these pathetic pranks.

“That’s what the others think, huh?” I was curious on how the others reacted in what happened a while ago at the hall.

“Yeah. I mean, wow! It’s the talk of the school. ‘Courtney Collins saved a geek in distress’. She’s pretty, rich, popular and more importantly, she has a heart to the needy.” Jackson said proudly. I snorted at this one.

Un-freakin’-believable.

That girl is really deceiving. Can’t anyone see that the reason why she’s standing there was because she’s watching me being humiliated? And what was her reason as to why she ordered everyone to stop laughing? Of course it is, without a doubt, to appear like she’s an angel sent from heaven to come and rescue the poor-little-geek!

Yeah, un-freakin’-believable!

I dried my hair with a scowl in my face. This is far from over, Courtney Collins. There is no way that you can have anything in the palm of your hands.

Well, I bet on my life that she was the reason why Jeremy left.  She used him. Maybe she asked for the copy of exam papers last year and promised something in return? Or threatened him? I don’t know what she did to that former SA, one thing I know, I’ll not give-in to her. I’ll do everything so that she’ll not have the copy of the papers and be stuck in this school for the rest of her life.