Chapter 26 - Unbelievable

** COURTNEY's POV **

Unbelievable.

Completely, unexplainably unbelievable.

Who would have thought? Who the freakin would have thought!

I was probably looking like a lunatic right now. Smiling so idiotically. Smirking so ridiculously.

Well I don't care. I don't care at all!

My first ever B. I got a freakin' B in an exam!

I know that grades, school, lectures didn't matter to me before because the only thing that I know about school is popularity and my reign.

But now, everything extremely changed. I was excited to go to school, I was excited to enter a class, I was anticipating an exam, and to make things freakishly unbelievable--I don't want school to end, I don't want weekend to come!

And I won't deny the fact that it has something to do with this guy. I wasn't sure exactly what kind of black magic or hypnosis he had done to me for me to like school very much. And for me to act like this.

I was smiling from ear to ear as I look at the result of my exam. And I couldn't help but recall the conversation, or more like a deal, I had with Chad a few days back.

"You know I really had fun with our Annabel Lee contest. I couldn't believe I was able to defend myself like that! And learned a lot too!" I said with excitement obvious in my tone. "We should do that again." I coolly requested, afraid that he might think of my ulterior motives and he might think I was just looking for excuse to be with him.

Which is so true and somehow obvious.

"Who would have thought that tutoring would not be that boring. It was a so-so but not that really boring at all, you know." I tried to defend myself before he even thinks that I was so eager for the repeat tutoring session with him.

"What can you say, Treyson?" I looked at his direction, only to find out that he wasn't listening to what I was saying because he was too busy with the script on his hand.

This ignoring still frustrates me especially if all I ever want is this person's attention.

In my usual self, I always use my signature 'the glare' just to inform those people that I don't like how they're acting in front of me.

But then let's face it, even if I use my signature pissed off look, even if I roll here, throw a tantrum, Chad wouldn't care a bit. He will just think that I was being childish.

I know because I tried, I actually lost count on how many times I did that, and it didn't even pace him. My threats didn't even shake him, what more with my spoiled brat behavior, right?

So with that, I therefore conclude that Chad doesn't care at all.

"Are you trying to match up with Pinocchio's nose with your mouth?" Chad's teasing made me snap out of my reverie.

I looked up to meet his eyes but he wasn't looking at me, his attention still focused to whatever what was written in that script. "And what's that supposed to mean?" I demanded.

"You're pouting. Your lips are starting to get longer than your nose, and the next thing you'll know, you could match up with Pinocchio's." He said in a humored tone.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Well, I shouldn't be looking like this if you're listening to what I was saying and not purposely ignoring me!" I professed.