Chapter 48 - I Love You

COURTNEY'S POV

I have to be honest. I messed up big time.

If I had the chance to go back in time, I would have asked Terry's advice before making a decision on my own.

She was the one who made me realize that I had made the biggest mistake of my life and that I might not be able to undo it all.

Sadly, I threw away something that could have made my life complete.

Chad.

Now I'm not sure what to do, but I won't stop. I'll try to fix what I can. I'm sure Terry can help me figure out what to do, to get things back on track. I'm determined to make it work, even if it takes a lot of effort.

I'll do anything to make it right.

But the thing is, I couldn't just show up to Chad and tell him what really happened. I know there's a possibility he won't even believe me. After all the web of lies I told him and those horrible words, who could blame him?

After that talk, I wasn't sure if he would want to speak to me again. I said things that I didn't mean. I hurt him, crushed even. I knew I had to apologize and explain the truth, no matter the outcome. I should find a way to show him how much I regretted what had happened.

Most importantly, I wanted him to know how much I cared about him.

I wouldn't do those things otherwise, right?

I was at the library, the only place Troy would not be able to find me. That's for sure.

I needed a safe space, a place where I could think thoroughly without any distractions. I decided to take the time to reflect on what had happened, what I could do to make things better, and figure out a plan.

I have to do this sooner rather than later.

Especially now that Olivia is coming.

She is gonna be here!

The timing was really a bitch. It was like the universe was conspiring against me.

This is making me feel more anxious and overwhelmed. I'm not sure what to do. It feels like everything is out of my control.

Then again, would her presence make any difference?

Would it matter if she was here?

Is she planning to win Chad back?

Maybe I was just overthinking things.

She is coming for a different reason, to take part in the cheerleading competition.

She would be too focused on winning since being cheer captain was her main goal, her dream. And I bet winning the nationals would be her top priority to even have different plans, right?

Right?

Besides, she didn't even know Chad was here, did she?

Even so, I like to believe that Chad wouldn't let her back into his life just like that. I mean, considering all the things she did to him, I doubt he would let her get away with it that easily.

Chad deserves so much better than that. He should have someone who would never think of hurting him. He deserves someone who would never let him down and always be there for him. Trust him.

I tried. And after only a few days, I had already failed to be that person.

The person who swore to just love him and not hurt him.

Both Olivia and I broke Chad, but the difference is, he wasn't angry at her to begin with. In fact, he tried to understand her.

"And you're right. You're not Olivia. Because with her, at least I know that her feelings for me were genuine and true. What we had was real. She didn't trick me into loving her. She just chose a different path, and I get it."