Chapter 34 - Goodbye, Chad Treyson

COURTNEY's POV

I have to admit, no matter how much Lucy assured me she would get to the bottom of this Jackson mystery, the wait was killing me. Especially now that Chad was back to ignoring me again.

I wasn't so sure how much longer I could endure this pain harboring in my chest, it sucks and hurts to see him intentionally avoiding me without any clue in my end. Like after everything he did on my birthday, he was acting as if nothing happened.

And after he made me fall madly in love with him, he left me hanging?

If this was all just for the revenge, I have only one word for it.

Cruel.

He was at the cafeteria—his back facing me, while Jackson on the other hand was throwing me his deadly stares, and he wasn't even being so discreet about it.

I might have finally lost it because the moment they left, and Chad didn't spare me a single glance, I scooped out my phone and texted him--something that I should have done sooner.

Meet me at the backyard after class. I won't leave unless you show up.

His actions always kept me wondering. I have done my fair share of waiting and wondering, I tried my best to understand and even make up excuses why he was doing all this all of a sudden. It was tiring and draining at the same time.

I thought I have done everything, but there's one thing left.

I have to get this feeling off my chest. This was driving me crazy and sad at the same time. I just have to confess, and tell him what he has done to me. No matter what his answer would be, wether he likes me or not, at least I have the answer and take it from there. I can finally stop whatever this is and stop deluding myself of all the possibilities.

This needs to be over and done with.

I think I could handle a rejection better than this treatment he was giving me. At least with that, I know what he really feels towards me.

It's not an assumption anymore. It would be the real deal.

* * * * *

I tried my best to busy myself with studies and listen to my lectures while waiting so eagerly for the clock to strike to four, the end of class. But no matter what, it was as if the time has become my enemy--slower than ever.

It was a torture.

Truth be told, I still didn't have any clue what I would tell him, like where do I begin?

Should I go straight to the point and admit that he successfully made me fall in love with him? That he has won this deal effortlessly without even realizing it? Whatever it may, one things for sure, it's now or never.

As if sensing my desperation, the much anticipated sound of the bell finally echoed in the room which made me abruptly stand up on my feet and rush out of the class. But it didn't go well as planned. I was then met with lots of thanks and non-stop greeting from the students in the school.

It took me a while to get away from them, I was in a hurry yes, but I didn't want to be rude and just dismiss their deep gratitudes for inviting them to my party. Plus, I took this opportunity to thank them as well for the gifts that I received.

Oh my god! Who are you and what have you done with meanie Courtney Collins?

I intentionally ignored the mocking voice of my subconscious and just carried on walking to the backyard. She was the least of my concern now, I have a bigger mission in mind.