Chapter 58 - Messing With The Wrong Person

CHAD'S POV

"She will do the same to you if you give her a chance. She said it herself, she is capable of doing anything. She can easily destroy you. All your hard works, even scholarship, will be gone. So be careful and don't let that bitch use you or even near you."

I wanted to punch the hell of Troy's face one more time when he called Courtney that nasty word again. I was filled with anger, but mostly confusion. My mind was focused on the story he said. I was trying to piece everything together so I could understand better.

Sure enough, I did, and the realization hit me like a ton of bricks. It was all becoming clear and I just couldn't believe myself.

I didn't try hard enough to understand her and her sudden change of behavior.

I was right all along.

Her ex-boyfriend has something to do with it.

That he was behind her drastic change in attitude and why suddenly, she didn't want me around anymore.

My intuition was correct all along.

This morning, I woke up thinking I would just get on with my day and be done with it. Few more weeks that I had to endure in this high school life, and I'd leave everything behind.

School had been nothing but brutal to me, I think. Still, I tried to look on the bright side of things and find something to be grateful for in the situation, even after what Olivia did.

But lately, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I was tired of trying to find the silver lining in a world that was so clearly bleak. Especially after what happened with Courtney.

I just quit trying to understand the situation, or see the good in it. I just stopped caring.

But that was probably the stupidest thing I did.

I quit on her.

I remember how my head quickly whipped in her direction when Troy mentioned about exposing Courtney's darkest secret--Jeremy. Throughout, I listened intently and watched her closely.

My mind raced with lots of questions. Like, why did she feel the need to hide this from me? Did she think I would think differently about her? Maybe she feared the same fate would happen to me?

Possibly both, but knowing her, she probably thinks more of the latter. I wish she had just told me the truth. I'm sure I would have understood and been able to help her. It would have been better for the both of us.

I told you not to fight any battles for my sake!

I tried to put myself in her shoes and imagine what she must have gone through. All this time, she was trying to protect me?

My eyes were fixed on her. Though she was wearing sunglasses, I knew behind those were her swollen eyes. When I bumped into her awhile ago, I wanted to ask what happened, but I held my tongue. I had a feeling what it was, and now that things have become clear, I know I fcked up big time.

I caused all of this, just because I didn't try hard enough and hear her out.

Was this the same thing she wanted to tell me at the country club?

Damn it!

I stepped closer, but she backed away. As if she was being cautious or something. I was about to reach out and touch her arm, but she spun around and ran away from me.

I wanted to chase after her, to ask her if my suspicions were right and get to the bottom of this, but something stopped me--Troy's annoying laugh echoed in my head.

"She said she didn't care about exposing her secret. But look who's running away now?"

I turned to look at him, my blood boiling with rage. He chuckled and shook his head, his eyes twinkling with amusement as he watched Courtney run.

I wasn't the type who usually goes for violence, but I was too angry that I wanted to punch him right in the face.

"What's with your face, geek? Feeling heartbroken? Did you honestly believe a girl like her would like a loser like you? She just needs your exam papers. Get over yourself."

I clenched my fists and took a step toward him. My breathing grew heavier as I moved closer.

"And don't think for a second that you could take the prom king title away from me. I was born for it. Who do you think this school will choose? A loser geek like you or the captain of the football team? Everyone knows Courtney and I are the golden couple. Though that girl is difficult, I still need her. And seeing how she reacted when I exposed her secret, I definitely have her wrapped around my finger. So if I were you, get out of my sight. Just keep your eyes on your books and leave her to me--the real king."

All the composure I was holding back suddenly vanished. I clenched my fist and charged forward, ready to take this bully down. I pushed him hard on the wall and glared at him. I was so damn angry I was surprised I still managed to keep my voice low and steady.

"You are the embodiment of toxic masculinity. You pose as this alpha male, but you are nothing more than a coward who preys on defenseless people to make himself feel superior. You are the perfect example of why males shouldn't be trusted and probably one of the reasons I would be extra protective of my sister."

God I hope Cindy wouldn't date someone like this trash.

The jerk tried to push me away, but I slammed him against the wall and held him there. Who knew consistent swimming practice and pumped-up adrenaline would come in handy in situations like this? I'm glad I didn't let go of that completely.

"Fuck off, loser!"

"You fuck off. You think you can just push people around and get away with it? You think it's okay to bully someone or call them nasty names just because they don't play by your rules? Well, it's not okay, and it's not right. You need to learn respect."

"Don't make me laugh, dumbass. I can do whatever I want. No one can stop me. You have no power here. In fact, I'll make sure you and that bitch pay for this." He sneered.

My arm was clamped against his chest, pushing him back even harder. I could see him struggling, trying to get out of my grip, but I wouldn't let him. He was not going to get away with this. "I heard much more ominous threats than yours, so don't even bother," I said, tightening my hold. "And if you want to play that game, then here's mine. I know people like you think playing sports will definitely secure your future. But I tell you this: one scandal or even an injury can make it all go away. I know this because I have seen it happen before." I said, my voice low and menacing.

"I suggest you stay away from me, especially from Courtney. Otherwise, I'm warning you, you won't like the consequences. You're not exactly smart, so you don't have a backup plan for college. You're solely relying on your athletic skills. So don't make me show you what it's like to be crushed. I'm not the aggressive type, in fact I usually see goodness in people. But you're not making it easy for me to be nice."

I stepped back and finally let him go. I had no intention of getting into a physical fight. I just needed to think of a way to handle the situation without resorting to violence. But if the situation had escalated, whenever necessary, I'd use whatever force I had to in order to teach this sorry excuse of a human a lesson.

"So don't test me and don't ever come near Courtney again."

-END OF CHAPTER 58-

A/N: One bully down. Who is next? >.<

Thank you for supporting this story. It's now finished on  my Patreon Account: notjustarandomgirl and I have uploaded a NEW STORY, BETTER THAN REVENGE if you love my Must Date The Playboy and SILWAG, this is their baby >.< Free chapters uploaded on my patreon! Check link in my Profile.

Also, for those who pre-ordered my SILWAG book, you will receive an update this December via email. So those who wants to avail my Self-Pub book, email: notjustarandomgirlpatreon @ gmail.com

Thank you very much for supporting me and my writing career! Love you all.