Chapter 15 - Something

Hi there MUST DATE THE PLAYBOY readers. We’ll be having a book signing tomorrow, May 31, 2014 at Lotus Mall Cavite. I hope you’ll come and meet us there. I’m so excited! See you soon!

Tweet me for more info: @notarandomgirl (twitter)

Instagram: imadsantos

Facebook: notjustarandomgirlWP

-----------

CHAPTER 15 – Something

** COUTNEY’s POV **

“Ok, here we go. There’s no way that I’d back out and chicken out right now. I put too much effort to this. There’s no turning back.” I was talking to myself, again. I’ve been doing a lot of musing audibly lately and there’s no other person to blame for my unusual attitude than Chad Treyson himself.

I take a look at myself at the rear view mirror of my car, probably my twentieth time, to examine myself. I was here in front of the Treyson’s residence not knowing my real purpose for this surprise visit.

Last night, Chad had decided to ignore me, purposely. I guess he was just being true to his words of cutting the connections between the two of us. Yeah, that was probably the consequence of me being a scaredy-cat.

Who would have thought, huh, that the geek had it in him for being the hard-to-get type?

Now, now, Courtney. There’s no need to take it on to the geek. We both know that he wasn’t playing hard-to get. It happens that… he’s just not that into you.

Great. Even the inside-me was opposing its owner. Should I have a mind of my own where in it will agree to my every decision?

No, honey. That’s insanity and I am here for logic.

Big damn to that freakin’ logic!

Okay. There’s no need to stress myself. I have to dig deeper into my thoughts in order to find my real purpose here. Yeah, the real purpose of my visit is to make sure that the deal was still intact. The connection between the two of us was still unbroken.

I have to do this, for the sake of my high school diploma.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

And there she goes again, my logical self was mocking me. Great!

I deliberately ignore the voice inside my head that has been constantly taunting me. It will do me no good. It will just continue to heighten the anxiety I was feeling at this very moment.

For distraction, I gave a quick look at myself to examine my outfit, a plain white tank top and red plaid skirt. As much as I hate matching it with black cardigan and red flat ballet shoes, I still will myself to do so. Because the last time I tried to impress Treyson with my own version of desirability he just interprets it as promiscuity.

But now, I really think that this is appropriate for my visit. I kind of covered the right amount of skin so that I will not look like a girl doing a photo-shoot for a pornographic magazine, as what Chad had cited.

Okay, I'm all set. I stepped out of the car and walked-in in front of Treyson's modern house. What a lovely house he got here. I rang the bell and when the front door finally opened, I wear the sweetest smile on my face and greeted the person in front of me.

"Good afternoon. I'm Courtney Collins, Chad's friend. Is he home?"

“Good afternoon, Courtney.” A women on her mid-thirties greeted back. “I’m Chad’s mom, Rebecca, and yes he’s home. Come inside, dear.” She motioned me to come in. I couldn’t help but notice the way she smiled at me, it was sweet and very welcoming, not to mention, very contagious that it made me smile at her direction as well.