Quality time

"Gah! Huh? Oh yeah." Childe jumped out of bed as his ringtone went off and he silenced it immediately. The sky was now an inky black, dotted with the few stars that were able to pierce through the thick city air. Pulling up his black mask and hood, Childe grabbed his phone, wallet and other things. He hurried down to the empty living room, assuming everyone had already left to do their own things. It was good as he didn't want to be asked any questions about where he was going. Diluc and Kaeya maybe knew but the two new guys did not and it would be annoying trying to explain. At last, he made it to their agreed place of meeting.

"Finally. I thought you died or something." A tall female figure with a relatively big chest that seemed to slightly strain the loose black off shoulder sweater that she wore leaned on the wall of the alleyway. Tossing some of her white blonde hair out of her face, Childe recognized the familiar eyepatch that covered one of her 2 blue eyes. Next to her was a particularly short person with a purple bowl cut. The top of his head reached under the woman's breasts.

"Wow, Signora. I'm just 5 minutes early." Childe rolled his eyes at the two of them.

"And we arrived half an hour earlier than you, dumbass." The shorter person retaliated.

"Oh shut up Scara." Childe retorted. The 2 began a long heated discussion on Childe's 'lateness'.

"Shut up you two." Signora rolled her eyes at their arguing. They both stopped but exchanged glares with one another. They headed down to Starsnatch cafe and it seemed Childe would be paying for their expenses once again.

"What would you like to order?" The waitress asked them, intimidated by the customers she was serving. Nervously fiddling with her pen, she waited for the suspense to end.

"Black coffee for me. Keeps me awake at night." Signora told her, stretching her arms back.

"Lavender melon for me. Iced." Scara was busy playing with the cutlery being provided for them.

"I'll just have an iced osmanthus tea, if that isn't any trouble for you." Childe grinned at her, hoping to calm her nerves after being shunned by his friends. She nodded and left their table to go and tell the kitchen about their orders.

"You're too nice sometimes. It's embarrassing whenever you try to 'charm' the ladies." Scara snickered at the ginger's surprised face.

"I agree with Scara on this one. Childe, you need to stop." Signora sighed as she leaned back into her seat.

"Shut up." He mumbled in defeat. It's not like he wanted to flirt with the ladies but it was kind of entertaining. And yes it could be embarrassing to be around him whenever it happened but you got to work with whatever you're given, no?

"Here are your drinks." The same waitress as before served them their drinks and left, appearing shyer when she handed Childe his drink and getting a rather dashing smile in return.

"Disgusting." Signora scrunched her nose in a way it seemed that something unpleasant was beneath it. Childe shrugged it off and the three drank their drinks in silence.

"How's the application going?" Childe finally asked her. Signora was applying to go to their college but was waiting for the reply.

"They've accepted it but I must wait for further news." She answered, seeming a bit boastful as she recited the events.

"Congrats. I should go now or Ei is gonna kill me." Scara stood up and left.