Heels

Slamming the door behind him, Zhongli pressed his back against the door. His heart was hammering against his rib cage, face as red as the eyeliner under his eyes, body heated up to a dangerous temperature. He hadn't felt like this since his first kiss. Or the first time he was asked out. Or that time he had a fanclub but whatever. Diving onto the couch, Zhongli buried his head in a pillow and screamed. Why was this Ed Sheeran rip off making him feel like this? Taking deep breaths, Zhongli looked down at the bracelet on his wrist. The craftsmanship was one of the finest he had ever seen, with all the details pronounced clearly. Finally, he stopped staring and Zhongli got ready to shower. Trying to collect his thoughts, Zhongli was actually confused about why he was so embarrassed. It wasn't like he hadn't been in a relationship before or hadn't been kabedoned. In fact, he shouldn't be new to flirting with 3 exes. Snapping back to reality when the warm water hit his body, Zhongli reminded himself to text them. The sound of falling water was the only sound that could be heard echoing off the walls. Turning off the water, Zhongli stepped out, bottom half covered in a towel. Cleaning off the remainder of his eyeliner that hadn't come out during the shower, Zhongli changed into a sweater that was a little too big for him and gym shorts. Drying his hair as much as he could with a towel, Zhongli turned on the lights and fan. He charged his phone and looked at the homework in front of him. Not much to do as he finished most of it during school. The faster he finished, the faster he could text them. When he was done, Zhongli grabbed his phone and opened Discord.

Morax squad (Morax didn't choose the name)

Morax: Hey guys.

While waiting for a response, Zhongli looked at one of the library books he borrowed, another one about wars and the archons. He sat there almost until 1 am until Zhongli resigned to bed, hoping for a response in the morning.

Light pierced through the thin white curtains, faltering as it hit the sleeping person on the bed. Zhongli woke up, looking very disgruntled from last night. Something cold on his wrist shook him out of his dreamlike state as he traced his eyes to the object to see what it was.

Z: Oh, that from last night. Must have slept with it on.

Rubbing his eyes open, Zhongli brushed his hair and tied it before doing the rest of the important things humans need to do each morning before they depart for school. Closing the door behind him, warm rays of sunlight greeted the pale man. Enjoying his surroundings, Zhongli took a slow stroll to campus. The melodic sounds of birds in the trees and grass beneath his feet threatened to put him to sleep again. Then something caught his eyes. A glaze lily next to a small rocky pond. Taking a picture, Zhongli stared at the place for a prolonged amount of time. Finally coming back to reality, Zhongli continued his walk to the college. Deciding to wait outside rather than inside, Zhongli sat on one of the benches. Several minutes later, half an hour at least, students began to arrive. None of them really concerned him until Venti came over.

"Morax! Come here!" Venti grabbed the bare hand and dragged him over to a place behind the school where there was a lot of giggling. Specifically girl giggling.

"Venti? Why did you bring him over?" One of the girls with pink hair that faded to blue, in a pair of heels walked over to Venti.

"You see Kokomi, Mora-I mean Zhongli, used to wear heels!" Venti placed both of his hands on his hips with a smug smile on his face.

"BARBATOS!" Zhongli had a growing blush on his face. He hit the back of the boy so hard that he fell over.

"Owwie! Morax!" Venti was squished against the floor. But the remark had already been made.

"You wore heels?" Kokomi's blue eyes widened in excitement, glistening with interest. Several other girls began to make comments, most of them positive.

"Such a girlboss." Ningguang, who was supplying the heels, gave Zhongli supposedly the shortest ones.

"Uh...what's the highest heel you have?" Venti got up and asked Ningguang for him.

"4 inches." Ningguang gave Venti the pair of crimson red heels.

"Should be no problem for you, right Morax?" Venti teasingly poked at his small waist that seemed practically built for women.

"4 inches? Now that I look properly, your shoulders are just the right width for that abnormally small size for men but very beautiful waist. Your long legs are just right for your height, no wonder people think you're a girl." Ningguang started to go on and on about his body shape. This just made Zhongli even more flustered and used both of his hands to hide his face.

"Haha, pretty Morax." Venti continued to poke fun at Zhongli and got another back slap on his back again.

"Just give me the heels." Zhongli grabbed the shoes from Ningguang and took off his black sneakers. Now with the heels plus his original height made him tower over everyone there.

"Oh my..." A new voice had pierced through the silence. Zhongli spun around and saw Childe and the Monstadters.

"How high are those?" Lisa raised her eyebrows in amusement.

"4 inches." Ningguang had a proud look on her face like her son got straight As.

"You seem to be walking confidently in them. The majority of us stumble just by standing." Yae Miko appeared next to Ningguang, placing an arm on the white haired woman's shoulder.

"His highest pair is...I forgot." Ei glanced repeatedly at Venti for help.

"Ehe? Oh. I forgot too." Venti nervously chuckled as Ei shot him a glare.

"He owns heels?" Kokomi was even more fascinated by him.

"Why don't you wear them tomorrow?" Lumine had a mischeivious grin on her face.

"I don't see why not? Plus, Childe seems to be enjoying the view." Kaeya jokingly pointed at the ginger, now a blushing mess on the floor, muttering 'oh my archons I have been blessed'.

"Uh..." Zhongli just stood there, heels already off his feet.

"Come on dear." Lisa mocked being disappointed that he wasn't going to do it. Several people caught on and followed what she did.

"Fine! But please don't say anything!" Zhongli resigned to their wishes, hanging his head in embarrassment. Several people clapped and cheered while Ningguang, Lisa and Miko all were smiling smugly.

Words: 1117