Pulcinella

"Hey grandpa." Childe sat down across from the man.

"Ah, Child. How nice to see you again." Pulcinella was a head shorter than Childe, graying slightly as he went to college in his late forties. A small but smart mustache was placed below his crooked nose and it matched his attire, which was almost always a button up shirt with a blue tie. Pulcinella reached out a veiny hand and messed up Childe's already messy hair. "I sense something is troubling you?"

"Yea...they made me do a bet I didn't want to do..." Childe dropped his smile as he stared at his clasped hands on his lap. Sighing as he explained the whole situation, regret and guilt welled up inside him to the point he felt tears threatening to spill out of his eyes. Sensing his discomfort, Pulcinella gave him more headpats and then told him that he would talk to the other Harbingers. Even though he left, Pulcinella was still very much considered a Harbinger. Childe felt a little bit better and asked him about how his siblings were faring.

"The new babysitter, Albedo, is wonderful. He is thoughtful and talks to them as if they have their own thoughts and ideas. Not like they're something waiting to grow up." Pulcinella continued to praise this boy until it finally hit Childe. Albedo was the one he met in the infirmary when Zhongli got bullied. The turquoise eyed ashy blonde. They continued to talk, discussing Childe's grades and other things before Pulcinella said that he was going to Childe's house and that he was most welcome to come along, and he obviously said yes. As they walked in silence, Childe was enjoying the wind that blew against his face. It brought him a sense of calamity to his raging sea of emotions within.

"We're here." A soft gentle but monotone voice snapped Childe back to reality. In his two hands, Albedo was holding Anthon and Teucer's hands with Tonia walking beside them.

"Big Brother!" Teucer ran towards the ginger, his tiny arms extended as wide as he could and wrapped both of them around Childe's knees. Teucer and Tonia soon followed, hugging the appropriate parts according to their height.

"Hey guys." Childe hugged back before giving Albedo a nod of acknowledgement. He nodded back before greeting Pulcinella with a hug. And Childe was trying his best not to laugh that Albedo was the height of a literal 43 year old. Once everyone was inside, Childe lounged on his couch, Teucer and Anthon on either side.

"Thanks for taking care of them, Albedo." Childe was thankful that the house hadn't burnt down or worse, one of them got seriously injured.

"It's nothing. I have to go back soon. Just waiting." Albedo leaned back into the beanbag next to the couch. "They're a joy to look after. Reminds me of my own. And Klee usually follows me here. We just sent her back and took a little walk."

"That's nice. They don't really have friends." Childe pushed a stray lock of ginger hair out of Teucer's drooping eyelids. "Someone's tired."

"I'll put them to bed." Pulcinella took the small boy in his arms and led the rest to the floor above.

"Night Ajax." Tonia peeked out from the wall next to the staircase before leaving. Childe waved back before hearing a knock on the door. Getting up to open it, Childe was now face to face with Zhongli. From his disgruntled appearance, it seemed he just got off his shift. And Childe had noticed that he still had the bracelet on.

"Hello princess." Childe whispered to Zhongli, who only mouthed not now.

"Li. Please excuse me, Childe. I need to go now." Albedo got up and walked to the door. Zhongli waved goodbye and whispered back that he would see him back at the dorms. A somewhat sad smile spread across his face as he and Albedo left. Childe was left standing at the door frame awkwardly. Ignoring his hasty leave, Childe went back into his house to make sure that he had anything left to bring. After he was satisfied, Childe left for college. Walking back gave him the same peace he had going to his house. Once he got back to his dorm, Kaeya, Diluc, Ayato and Thoma were all on the couch watching a horror movie. Kaeya was clutching on to Diluc, who was sitting there stone faced, and was screaming at the top of his lungs. Thoma was covering his eyes and at certain intervals, Ayato's eyes widened. Horror was never one of Childe's favorite genres, so he went to his room with a bowl of chips and watched some videos. Changing into a white tank top and black gym shorts, Childe got comfy on his bed, carefully balancing both the bowl of chips and laptop on his legs. Most of them were about fighting skills and fluffy ginger cats. After another half an hour told Childe that the movie was done and that someone else was there as Kaeya's screaming had stopped and Diluc was now talking with someone.

"CHILDE! GET YO FAT ASS DOWN HERE!" Kaeya burst into his room halfway through a cat video.

"Alright, alright. Give me a sec." Getting out of the bed, Childe washed his hands and turned off his laptop. Walking down the stairs, Zhongli was there, sitting at the counter with boba.

"Hey Childe. Forgive me for the hasty goodbye earlier." Zhongli waved at him, shyly tucking one of his bangs behind his ear.

"It's cool, princess. Someone really likes it." Childe sat down next to him and pointed out the bracelet. Zhongli looked away as Childe gave another hand kiss.

"Are you two...????" Thoma was practically bouncing on his seat, Ayato still eyeing the unfinished boba.

"No." Zhongli quickly ended it there. But Childe sensed something in his voice. Something like him wanting it to be real, aside from all the pet names and hand kisses. Childe knew that if he did the bet and then said 'sorry, I like Lumine. Let's break up.', Zhongli would probably end his friendship with him. And just like that, another stab of guilt hit him.

"Childe?"

Waking from his guilt, Childe realized that Zhongli was staring at him as well as the rest.

"Sorry, blanked out for a bit there. I'm gonna turn in. Feeling tired." Childe stood up and gave Zhongli another kiss, this time on his forehead and entered his room.

Words: 1082

Thank you so, so much for 1 in Chili for the previous fic with 2.29k reads! I never would have thought that this would happen so this is another note for those that didn't see the previous chp! <3