Childe's parents

They then left around lunch time and went back to Childe's house. Zhongli promised to cook, his treat for Childe for being his boyfriend. When they got back, two very tired looking gingers were getting out of a taxi. There was one female and one male. The female had unruly ginger hair that she kept half up half down. Her build was sturdy for someone of her age, with an hourglass figure and long, lean legs. Her sapphire blue eyes lit up at the sight of her home. Even though her face had many wrinkles, she seemed as youthful as ever. The male was busy unloading the trunk. His red hair was kept short and seemed pretty similar to that of Childe's. His body was also built like Childe's, just older and a bit more brittle due to old age. In fact, he was almost identical to Childe but with piercing green eyes instead of ded ocean blue onea.

"Mama! Papa!" Anthon and Teucer ran up to the couple and hugged them.

"My little babies! How have you've been? Mummy's missed you." The woman picked up the 2 kids and kissed them on the forehead.

"Tonia! How's my little princess been doing?" The man went up to Childe and Tonia, who just chuckled at her father's remark before embracing him. "Ajax! How's college?"

"Good." Childe went up to his dad and slapped him on the back. Zhongli marveled at how similar the 2 looked.

"Are you going to introduce us to your little friend Ajax?" Childe's mother walked up to them, Teucer, Tonia and Anthon right behind her.

"Oh right! This is Zhongli." Childe pulled the brunette closer, who just shyly waved at them.

"Oh my, such a pretty girl you've brought back, Ajax. Dear, you really couldn't have chosen better than Ajax?" The woman cupped Zhongli's cheeks and he immediately began blushing.

"Now I know where you get it from, Teucer." Tonia sighed.

"Mom...That's my boyfriend." Childe finally told them. Zhongli didn't know how long he'd be able to be in this position.

"Oh I'm so sorry dear! But you really are quite beautiful for a man." The woman hugged Zhongli before turning to her husband. "Don't you think so honey?"

"I do agree." He advanced to them before slapping a hand on Zhongli's back.

"T-Thank you Ms..." Zhongli tried to thank her.

"Please dear, call me mom. You're one of us now, aren't you?" She let go of Zhongli and stood next to Childe's dad.

"Dad here. Now, how 'bout we all head inside?" They all went inside Childe's house. The minute they got inside, Zhongli headed straight to the kitchen.

"Where's he going? We didn't make him uncomfortable did we?" The ginger man shook Childe lightly.

"No he's usually like this. He said he wanted to cook for us then you showed up." Childe sat on the couch, Teucer crawling into his lap.

"For us? How sweet of him." His mother went up to go and help him. Childe was just sitting there, playing with Teucer as he told him about Mr Cyclops. In the middle of one of Teucer's stories, Childe's mom came out from the kitchen.

"Ajax, dear, your love needs some help." She told him before rejoining his father, playing with Tonia and Anthon. Childe got up and went to see what the problem was.

"Zhongli?" Childe was worried. Did something happen to him? What if he got hurt? Did he need him to go out and buy something?

"Ah, Ajax, um, well, this is a bit embarrassing but...I need your help with the seafood..." Zhongli pointed at some octopus tentacles on the counter.

"Oh yeah, sure. Small or..." Childe advanced to the knives and dragged the octopus closer to him.

"Small." Zhongli resumed the food he was originally cooking. They worked their way around the kitchen. Once finished, Childe grabbed his beloved and locked lips with him.

"Let's go. They should be waiting." Childe took the plates from the kitchen counter and they both went and joined Childe's family. The atmosphere was pleasant, everyone enjoying themselves and Zhongli promised that next time they could meet his own family. Childe and Zhongli helped clean up and they soon said goodbye. As they left for college, Childe began to rant about the other harbingers, now that he had distanced himself from them entirely.

"Ajax, as much as they hurt you, don't drop that low." Zhongli whispered in his ear. Childe immediately shut up and they continued their walk in peace. Once they got back to Childe's dorm, they got ready for bed. Zhongli decided to go back to his own dorm and Childe reluctantly let him go. As he walked back, his phone vibrated.

Baizhu

B: Sorry about last time. I truly am happy for you and I hope we can reconcile.

Z: I forgive you, Baizhu, though to fully reconcile will take some time.

B: I will wait.

Zhongli sighed as he got back. When the door opened, Azhdaha started purring against his legs. Picking up the fluffy cat, Zhongli made a mental note to show Azhdaha to Childe one day as he remembered the many cat videos they watched together.

"Welcome back. Don't worry, we fed, walked and played with Azhdaha while you were gone." Gorou was sitting on his bed.

"Thanks Gorou. And I think we have some new family to meet." Zhongli sat down next to him and fell back into the mattress.

"Really? I'll tell the others in the morning. You go sleep, I'll help you." Gorou took Azhdaha away and persuaded his brother to crash. Zhongli closed his eyes and what met him was a peaceful sleep. Well, almost peaceful.

Words: 954