Childe questions his life choices again

"Uh, guys? Class."Jean waved her phone in the air, telling everyone that they had 2 minutes before class.

"Childe?" Zhongli bent down to the ginger, who was still on the floor.

"Huh? Oh yeah class! Thanks babe. What do you have?" Childe looked up to face Zhongli, noticing the bracelet as he did. "You really like it, huh?"

Zhongli's cheeks flushed red again as Childe grabbed the wrist and kissed it once more.

"Can you stop doing that..." Zhongli looked away so that Childe could only see his red ears. "And I have Chemistry."

"No can do, princess. And let me walk this beautiful maiden to her lesson." Childe got up and gently helped Zhongli off the grass, still clutching the braceleted hand. Once Zhongli was at full height, Childe swept him off his feet into a bridal carry. This evoked a shriek of surprise from the brunette. Amused at the noise, Childe carried Zhongli all the way to his locker, Lisa recording. But Ningguang felt a wave of overprotectiveness as she watched the ginger and brunette. Like something of her's was being taken away. Maybe she could ask Beidou later.

"Childe! Slow down!" Eyes tightly shut, Zhongli was clinging for dear life to Childe's neck as Ed Sheeran sprinted down the halls.

"Eh? Oh sorry!" Childe skidded to a stop to let the brunette calm down. "Sorry princess."

"It's...fine..." Zhongli got off of Childe and entered the lab, waving as he left. As Childe walked away, he remembered why he was doing this and felt a sharp pang of guilt press into him. Was he actually falling for him? No. He already confirmed his feelings with Lumine. Childe had free period so he once again went to Arlecchino and Columbina. They were easy to find as Columbina was humming to Arlecchino on a bench, who was laying on her lap.

"Sup Tartaglia." Arlecchino raised a hand before refocusing on Columbina's singing. Childe nodded and sat next to the 2.

"How's the bet going?" Columbina stopped humming to Arlecchino as she had fallen asleep and turned her attention to Childe.

"I-I've got him flustered several times?" He turned away in guilt as he remembered why he was doing it in the first place.

"That's a start. But you seem unwilling to do it." Columbina had picked up on his misery.

"I just don't like this. Why me? And why him? I wouldn't mind playing every girl in the school but my friend? And him nonetheless." Hanging his head, Childe sighed. He let out a soft scream which somewhat woke Arlecchino up. Columbina shot him a glare as she began to hum the albino back to sleep.

"Arlecchino and I too dislike the idea. But a bet is a bet. And Pulcinella would like to meet with you later." Columbina whispered to the ginger. "But you can always make it romantic if you want."

"Thanks..." Still disappointed with his decision, Childe told them that he was going to take a walk around the school. Getting up from the bench, Childe threaded through the long silent corridors and long flights of stairs trying to clear his mind.

"Tartaglia." Childe looked up and saw Capitano towering next to him. Just to give you the height difference, the top of Childe's head reached midway Capitano's upper arm.

"Capitano." Childe nodded to acknowledge his senior. The 2 walked in silence for a while before Capitano broke the silence.

"Pulcinella wants to see you." The taller man left Childe to walk in his own company. In the midst of walking, he found Lumine talking to a few other girls. Walking up behind her, Childe leaned on the lockers.

"Hey girlie." He spoke in a low whisper, surprising the blonde and making her jump around to face him.

"Childe! Stop doing that!" Lumine jokingly slapped him, causing him to fall off the lockers and crash into her. The 2 broke apart trying to hold back their laughter for dignity reasons. Not to mention that there were other people around. When the 2 were at a safe distance of 2 feet, Lumine began to talk.

"Venti's having a party at his dorm this weekend. Wanna come?" Lumine leaned forward, shortening the distance between them.

"You didn't even need to ask." Childe winked at her before letting her go back to talking with her friends. Finally Childe got a text from Zhongli a while later.

My princess

Z: I'm outside the lab.

C: Coming to the rescue babe.

Z: Stop calling me that.

C: You didn't seem to mind the other time.

Z: Nevermind.

Childe told Lumine that he was gonna leave and he did. Walking down the same corridors as before, Childe stopped at a door with a silhouette of a tall male. Sneaking up to him once again, Childe hugged him from behind. Hearing a little gasp from the other, Childe let go and smiled.

"You idiot." Zhongli slapped Childe lightly while chuckling slightly to himself.

"Ow...Well, your prince is here to save you. To the tree, my fair lady." Bowing jokingly, Childe cradled Zhongli's braceleted hand before kissing it once more. Looking up, Zhongli was still as flustered as the first time. Knowing that he didn't like to be carried without warning, Childe pulled Zhongli gently to the tree outside.

Words: 888