The bet

Time to make ppl cry.

Piercing white light greeted amber eyes that slowly opened. In the room was an ashy blonde talking with a teacher, a ginger brown haired boy and a black haired girl were sitting next to Ei and Venti, asking for details, and a taller male with pearly white hair and red tips and Noelle looking at him. Zhongli looked up and saw Childe and realized that he was laying on someone's lap.

"HE'S AWAKE!" Childe gasped as he noticed 2 amber eyes lazily gazing into those dead fish eyes. Zhongli was suddenly squished against a neck and several people.

"What happened?" Zhongli asked once everyone had let him breathe, still clinging on to Childe's neck. "And why are you guys here?"

"Albedo said you needed help. Help right here." The black haired girl answered blankly.

"Oh. Thanks Yun Jin. Did anyone ask why 5 random kids suddenly broke into a college?" Zhongli was surprised that they weren't kicked out.

"A bit but Jean had seen Noelle on Saturday and Venti and Ei know us so that made things easier." The ashy blonde had stopped talking to the teacher. "They said that we can try out."

"Yay!" Noelle threw both of her arms in the air and leaned back.

"Wait, who are you guys?" Childe was just sitting there with someone clinging to his neck and no idea who the other 5 people were. "I know you, Albedo. You're my siblings' babysitter."

"You are correct." Albedo nodded.

"Oh, that's Itto, Gorou, Yun Jin and Noelle, whom you've already met." Zhongli explained to Ed Sheeran.

"So when is our assessment?" Itto rubbed both of his calloused hands together.

"They said that since we're here, today." Albedo told the rest of them. "In fact, now."

All 5 of them stood up and left. Zhongli had fallen asleep again but Childe wasn't as flustered as the last time. It's just what friends do, right? They help each other. This wasn't going to evolve into something more. Just stay friends. That's simple. Instead he began looking at Instagram, liking whatever caught his eye, specifically anything to do with Lumine. She was still his crush, don't forget. Maybe one day he might pick up the courage and ask her out. A few minutes later Zhongli woke up again and the 2 left the infirmary.

"Do you have any more classes?" Childe glanced at the brunette, who was rubbing his eyes open.

"No. I'll be in the library." Zhongli then parted ways with Childe, who went to find Lumine as they had the same class.

"Childe!" Lumine hugged the ginger around the neck, brushing her lips against his cheek as she did so.

"Hey girlie." Childe hugged back but avoided the motion, which surprised himself.

"Let's go." Lumine grabbed his hand and the 2 walked to class. Unlike Zhongli, Childe knew Lumine would get the hint, whether intentional or not. From the subtle hand holding to their knights spent at either of their houses, Childe knew that their feelings were mutual yet both were waiting for the right moment. In fact, these were the things they wanted to do to spread the rumors about their love for each other. But if he still loved her in that way or someone had caught either's eye would only be a test time would tell. When they got to their English class, they sat in their usual spot next to each other. The teacher droned on and on about Alice the adventurer and her contribution to the language. Childe was paying attention until he felt something hit his thigh.

L: Do you want to go out?

Childe nearly disrupted the class by screaming out loud. Instead, he scrawled on the note and passed it to her.

C: Sure girlie. I'll be waiting.

Hearing her high pitch giggle in excitement made him even happier. He wasn't able to maintain full concentration after that for the rest of the lecture.

"Hey guys! I did it!" Childe sprinted up to them, a big goofy grin spread across his face.

"Did what now?" Kaeya looked at the ginger in confusion.

"I asked Lumine out! Or more like she asked me out!" Childe finally breathed as he had been holding most of his breath since the note.

"How nice." An ice cold voice that sent shivers down everyone's spine (except Diluc cause he dead inside like his dad) entered the conversation.

"Tsaritsa." Childe bowed at the sight of the white blonde woman. Eyes like the coldest winter storms and an attitude like the tallest peak in Snezhnaya, this woman was unmistakably the leader of the Fatui.

"Arise, my 11th." Tsaritsa continued to look down on the ginger, who's face seemed to be idolizing her. "I wanted to congratulate you on your love success. Also, the Harbingers would like to talk with you. And, do wish Morax my greetings."

"Of course, Tsaritsa. I shall be on my way." Childe lowered his head again before quickly running off to find the other Harbingers. But nevermind the fact that she knew Zhongli. That was a problem for future Childe. He went to their usual spot on the roof and, low and behold, found most of them. Even Scara was there, who preferred to be in the company of the Inazumans.

"What did you want?" Childe was still pretty mad at them for their little stunt earlier but had to agree with some things they did.

"We wanted a little bet. Since you're the closest to that Zhongli, how about you date him?" Pantalone started shaking the bag he was holding, the sound of mora jingling from within. Childe knew what this meant, date Zhongli and get money. Not like he needed it but the offer was tempting. He didn't like Zhongli in that way and how much would it hurt to play his heart? And it wasn't like Childe hadn't dated before so this would be nothing wrong, right?

Words: 990