Chapter 20

-MID 2018-

(Alex) after 4 years at UST, I've finally finished law school, I got top 3 in our class, after graduation I prepared to take the bar exam, one year after graduating, I took the bar exam late November of that year, after a couple of month since taking the bar, I passed the bar at no.115, after passing the bar my family celebrated on my success in the bar, on the other hand my uncle called me over to talk.

*Alex* what is it now?

*uncle* I just wanted to talk to you that's all

*Alex* no matter what you say you not getting anything from me

*uncle* I'm not talking about that, I just want to apologize about a long time ago

*Alex* alright?

*uncle* I was just looking out for you, when your dad my brother died in that accident, I persuaded your grandfather to sue the shipping company for negligence, I got into an argument with but I didn't persuade him in the end, I didn't want you to make the same mistake he made a long time ago, I didn't want you to become a failure like your dad, I was greedy a few years back that's why I hit you, which is why I'm sorry, and I know your grandfather must be proud of you.

*Alex* alright then everything is forgiven now, is there anything else you want to talk about?

*uncle* I have a friend who has a law firm in manila, he is a well-known politician here, he works for the U.N and they are looking for a legal counsel, do you want to take it?

*Alex* a legal counsel? Well I guess that can be fine but who is this friend of yours?

*uncle* *gives him a business card* he's name is Marco Lorenzo tan, you can find him here right in his business card.

*Alex* I guess thanks

*uncle* one more thing

*Alex* what is it?

*uncle* find that girl and marry her someday is she did keep that promise.

*Alex* *smiles*

-THE COMPANY-

(Alex) I went to the company that my uncle told me to go, the company was called TG, it was located in metro manila, I went inside and told the desk people about my appointment, thankfully the c.e.o wasn't busy so I could meet him today, staff took me to where his office was at, I knock on the door and came in.

*Marco* ah you must be Alex, your uncle told me about you

*Alex* yes, thank you for meeting with me today sir, it is a pleasure

*Marco* oh please it was my pleasure to be working with you now, your uncle told me that you're a brilliant person, and you passed the bar at 115?

*Alex* yes but it's not high enough for other firms but it's a good track

*Marco* you bar placement is fine, but your skills is a lawyer is what I need here

*Alex* well you do have a wonderful company here Mr. Tan, and I guess a good company like this needs a legal counsel against any lawsuits or court cases.

*Marco* your exactly right, I think your perfect for the job Alex...I don't think I need to interview not so your hired.

*Alex* thank you sir *shakes his hand* I look forward to working with you sir. Tan

*Marco* now please sit down let's talk for a bit here to get to know each other better.

*Alex* alright then sir

*Marco* now from what I have heard, you studied in japan

*Alex* yes I did for a couple of year until I was told to come back here