Chapter 38

-Five years later-

(Cami) five years has already passed and a lot of things has happened since then, violet has already grown up since we adopted here, she's now eight years old and she resembles a lot like her mom by just watching her grow so fast, Eliza graduated law school a few years back and she decided to follow in her dad's footsteps and become lawyer, right now she's interning for a law school owned by Ms. Francesca.

Speaking of Alex, after being recognized by the public for his works, he was nominated for public office and was elected a senator in the assembly, after serving one term he decided to retire from politics and continue doing his law works, although he is around 34 now he still looks the same, I think that's a perk of looking like a idol.

As for me I've been doing pretty great as well, I've got promoted to director at my workplace after gaining the trust of my higher ups, but despite of that I still continue doing the things I love doing like I used to.

-one day-

I decided to take Violet out on a little date, she just aced her exams and she deserves a treat for it, we decided to go to the amusement park, it's been a while since I went here, the last time I went here was when me and Alex went here on our first date, it's been a while hasn't it? a lot has changed since then.

We ate all the food they were selling there, and went on some of the rides as well, after all of that we took a break by the bay area to relax a bit.

While relaxing there we bumped into someone familiar, Nao was on a walk when we bumped into her, a few years ago Nao and akira finally got married after getting for quite some time and a year later they had their first child together.

*Nao* cami!

*cami* oh Nao! How are you? How's your son?

*Nao* oh Alex is doing fine, he's at home playing video-games

*cami* you know I'm still in awe that you named your first son after my husband

*Nao* what? Alex is a fitting name for him, plus he has aura a bit *winks*

*cami* whatever, anyways how's Akira? I haven't seen him for quite some time now

*Nao* oh he's doing great as well! You know still busy in the hospital as usual

(cami) I forgot to mention that while the both of them were dating, akira was also attending medical school and passes the board exam two years after his graduating, right now he works with a very well-known hospital here in Kyoto.

*Nao* how's violet doing?

*cami* oh you know, we decided to go out for a bit to treat her, she just got straight A's on her exams

*Nao* wow! Just like his mom, I miss Alyssa very much just seeing violet

*cami* yeah me too, just looking at violet makes me remember Alyssa so much...it's already been five years since she passed away

*Nao* yeah...well anyways I should get going, I went out to get somethings and Alex is only one at home so I should get going now

*cami* alright then I'll see you around.

(cami) after that we went our way back to our home as well, on our way there we encountered a lot of young people playing football and baseball on the field of the university, watching them play made me mesmerize what we did back then as well, It's been a while since I last played baseball and since breaking my foot on that accident I haven't played any sports since then.

My foot has completely healed in the past years so I think I can still pull a homerun with one swing, so I approached those young kids playing baseball to give me a try on the bat,