Chapter 23

-LATE 2018-

(Cami) it's been four months since I've been working here as an intern, while I was doing my usual work in the office, the firm's boss called me over to my her office to talk for a sec about something important.

-At her office-

*maribien* please sit down

*cami* Is something wrong ma'am? Did I do something wrong?

*maribien* well actually not at all, I wanted to talk to you because your being promoted to legal secretary

*cami* wait really?

*maribien* yeah! Your performance in the law firm had been outstanding so we're promoting you as legal secretary.

*cami* oh my god! Thank you so much ma'am, how could I ever thank you

*maribien* well *puts files on the table* you can give this to attorney Alexander this files to his office.

*cami* oh ok...thanks again for the promotion ma'am.

*maribien* your welcome now work hard

*cami* I will *closes the door*

*maribien* that kid is something.

(Cami) oh my god! I just got promoted! Those endless hours of standing by the printer was all worth it in the end, while I was happily walking to his office to bring him his file, I read what was on the files... another civil case...another murder case...and a...abuse case? I think it's the first time I've seen this sort of case before, I wonder what is going to happen here?

-At his office-

*Alex* you're in a good mood today.

*cami* guess who got promoted today! *jumps in joy*

*Alex* oh really! Well congratulations cami!

*cami* hehe thanks anyways *puts files on the table* miss maribien wanted me to give this to you.

*Alex* I guess I'll get to this now

*cami* you need my help? I'm going to be the legal secretary now

*Alex* is that so? Well *puts his hands on her shoulder and pushes her* since you got promoted now...might as well get started on writing emails and start making phone calls

*cami* hey!

*Alex* get to work!

*cami* *pouts* fine *starts typing on the computer*

(Alex) she may be my girlfriend but she acts like a stubborn child sometimes...I started reading through all the files that the boss gave me while drinking my coffee...another civil case huh? Well I guess attorney Francesca isn't handling a case right now so might as well give it to her later to keep her busy.

Another murder case again...let's see here...a 23 year old male was found dead by the lake side...stabbed to death... suspect is a female? My god! What is this? Well might as well take this case so I can get over with it.

*Alex* do I have anything planned this afternoon cami?

*cami* no not today

*Alex* alright...I'm going to meet with a client later this afternoon.

*cami* alright then.

(Alex) before I could start reading the case, a staff called me saying that maribien wanted to see me in my office, I wonder what it is this time, so I followed them to her office and went in.

*Alex* so I heard you promoted cami today

*maribien* yeah...I forgot to tell you...but I expect she is happy right now.