chapter 24

-EARLY 2019-

(Cami) after a few months after that tragic event, we continued work like usual, it was already 2019 and Alex was preparing for his next case which was the abuse case, both Alex and ms. Francesca we're both in charge of the case, I was also included in the case because I was their legal secretary so it was my job to assist them in it.

In Ms. Francesca's office the three of us looked into the case file to understand it better, the defendant was a 18 year old girl named "Natsuki tomura" she was a Japanese student who fled to Cagayan along with a close friend of her for refuge, looking at the files they we're a lot of thing lacking in this case, since we needed to know more about the defendant so we took a business trip to we're our defendant was at.

-CAGAYAN DE ORO-

(cami) we arrived there at noon, when we got out of the airport I was in shock on how beautiful the place was, it was my first time here so I was amazed at everything, we contacted the person who filed the case in our firm, they agreed to meet with us at their place, so we went to we're our client wanted us to meet at.

When we got to we're the client wanted us to meet, they greeted us at the door and welcome us in, she introduced herself as Sayori, she was a close friend with the defendant, according to her the client was abused and raped by her father, one night he hit her so hard that it caused her to fled her house and seek refuge outside of japan.

While she was talking, Alex and Ms. Francesca was listening carefully to what she was saying, while they we're talking I walked around their home to take a look, while looking around I stumbled upon someone who was getting out of the bathroom.

*cami* oh hello

*person* *shocks* who are you! What are you doing here?!

*sayori* oh! Natsuki! Don't worry it's the people from the law firm, there here to hear your case.

*Natsuki* oh

(cami) the girl was named natsuki, she was a small petite pink hair girl who I think is around 17 or 18, her body was full of bruises and cuts on it, before I know it, she closed the door on her room and locked it, Alex stepped in to speak with her.

*Alex* Ms. Natsuki, you can tell us everything, we'll listen to you no matter what

*Natsuki* o-okay *opens the door*

(Cami) Alex entered in and closes the door on us, Ms. Francesca continued to interrogate her friend, and I stood by the door waiting for them, I could hear a faint of what they we're talking inside the room...

-The conversation-

*Alex* you can tell anything, don't be afraid, that is why I'm here to help you.

*Natsuki* oh...okay, my father had a drinking problem, every day after school or when he's drunk, he would occasionally hit me for no reason, sometimes he hit me with a stick, a belt, or in worse scenario a bottle, sometimes I would come to school with a bruised eye or if I get cuts from him hitting me, sometimes I would just skip school and just go somewhere far from the school, but then my dad would find out and hit me more.

Sometimes when he is drunk, he would come to my room and touch me, in the worst case scenario...he...he

*Alex* don't worry if you aren't comfortable saying it now...it's fine I think I get the idea now.

*Natsuki* oh....ok...I got tired the same thing repeating over and over again and sometimes I would just want to end everything by hanging myself or jumping off a bridge

(Alex) I couldn't hold back my tears any longer, this poor kid has gone through a lot, imagining everything that she has mentioned made me pity her more.