The Night Children.

──────────────

──────────────

*The Shadowhunters enter the Institute with Clary being angry.*

- I still don't understand. How can Shadowhunters be better than.. than what you people call mundanes?

- Because we protect humans.

- You're right. Human. You protect humans. You left Simon all alone in the van. Good job, guys. You rock.

- There is some truth to the idea that human beings should have a modicum of common sense.

- Alec.. not now. *says Izzy.*

- Look, they won't do anything to Simon. They just wanted to draw you in. They want the Cup, and they think you have it.

- But why do they think that? Why does anyone think that? What, my mom lies to me my entire life except, "Oh, by the way, there's this magic cup, I hid on, like, the planet Bongo, but don't tell anyone.". What am I supposed to do now?

- We have to report to the Clave.

- Great.

- They have to know we've learned about Valentine.

- What, that he's my father? Great. Fine. Tell them. What good does that do to Simon?

- Clary, it's all connected. The vamps want the Cup.

- Why? It makes new Shadowhunters.

- Nobody wants Valentine forming an army loyal to himself.

- Plus, it controls demons. *says Davina with a serios gaze.*

- They'll propose a trade. Simon for the Cup.

- So, vampires will trade Simon for the Cup and Valentine will trade my mother for the Cup. Either way, I lose someone I love. What if I just toss it up in the air and let them fight it out among themselves?

- So this doesn't matter to you?

- Yes, of course, it matters! Listen.. when you saved my life.. I put my trust in you. Now, I need you to put your trust in me. I can't turn into what you are overnight.

- It's true. She was raised as a mundane.

- And Davina wasn't?