Chapter 1: We are Azur Lane

A man could be seen sitting on a bench, facing towards the ocean. The sun was setting down, giving out an amazing reflection on the water. The scene was beautiful, but it couldn't fill up the emptiness in his heart. The girl he wanted to meet that day hadn't showed up...

*click*... *click*...*click*...

...Yet.

He could hear the sound of a pair of boots clicking from behind.

"Here she is." He thought to himself.

The girl didn't say anything as she knew he had already known her presence. They haven't been together for a long time, but long enough to understand each other's hobbies, favorites,...

And even feelings...

The man was sitting on the left side of the bench, making the right side unoccupied. His cold blue eyes gazed at the sun over the horizon, thinking about what to say next...

The shipgirl had reached the right side of the bench. She sat down and carefully put her weapon, which resembled a bow with a number "80" on it, down next to her. She then removed her captain's hat and placed it on her lap. The winds from the ocean gently touched her skin and blew her hair, making it flowing freely like a stream.

 The winds from the ocean gently touched her skin and blew her hair, making it flowing freely like a stream

"Damn, she's beautiful..." The man muttered.

"What did you say, Kevin?" The girl turned to him and asked, her purple orbs glanced at him curiously.

"I said that you were beautiful, Enty." He answered, a bit of hesitation could be seen in his voice.

Kevin turned his head and looked at Enterprise, her face was slightly red.

"T-Thanks." Enterprise stuttered a bit.

The two locked their eyes at each other for a few second then shyly separated. The sun was still there like it's waiting for something, maybe a climax...

"So it's all over now, right?" Enterprise asked, holding out her left hand and placed it in the middle of the two, palm's up.

"It is." Kevin replied, reaching out his right hand and placed it on Enterprise's

"I wish that everyone was here, especially Yorktown and Hornet. They love sunsets a lot."

"Me too. At least they now can rest in peace knowing their sacrifice was not in vain."

"Yeah..." Enterprise glanced up to the sky above, which a few stars had started to appear. She blinked once and a drop of tear slowly rolled down her cheek.

"They're up there, hiding among the stars. Watching every step we take and every decision we make..." Kevin spoke as he gently used his other hand's finger to wipe out her tears.

"...They protect us from danger and give us blessings, guiding us to victory." Enterprise continued.

Unbeknown to both, their arms started to act on their own. They slowly wrapped around each other's shoulders and pulled the two closer. Their eyes connected and their foreheads touched. The birds stopped chirping and the waves lowered their volume. The only sound that could be heard was from their heartbeat, trying to synchronize with each other.