Chapter 5: The game was rigged from the start

Current location: Eagle Union's capital, Washington D.C.

Date: March 1960, around 6 months before the launch of USS Enterprise CVN-65, world's first nuclear aircraft carrier.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The White House, home of probably the most powerful man in the world, was bathing itself in the cozy sunlight of a usual morning at the end of the springtide. A jet black limousine turned its wheels and drove into the Pennsylvania Avenue, keeping a consistent speed before fully stopped at a metal gate, also colored in black. A man dressed in guard uniform then walked out of his post and slowly approached the car while the others held their weapons tight, ready to engage if this car was an attempt of intrusion. The left window on the back rolled down, revealing a skinny arm that's belonged to a woman. The guard lowered his head and inspected the card on the woman's hand. After examining it clearly, the guard stood up straight, gesturing his colleagues to open the gate.

"Welcome to the White House, Secretary Summersby." The guard replied with hospitality as the vehicle picked up speed and soon went out of sight into the White House.

10 minutes later, the Oval Office.

An old man dressed in grey suit with a blue cravat could be seen sitting behind his Resolute desk, inking a few paper documents. The sun sent its rays into the room through the windows behind the President, brightening the space up. As he placed his pen down on the table and picked his coffee cup, preparing to enjoy it, a knocking noise could be heard from the other side of the oak door, leading into the office.

"And my morning has been ruined..." The man signed with the thought ran through his head.

"Come in!" He raised his voice, loud enough.

*Creak*

The secretary who was mention earlier pushed the doors opened and walked into the room, standing in front of the 34th President of the Eagle Union. Eisenhower noticed her hurriedly manners and before Summersby could speak, he gestured her to stop with one of his hand.

"Take your time, Summersby. You've just run to here, haven't you?" asked by an Eisenhower enjoying his coffee.

"Yes, Mr. President." The Secretary had finally caught her breath before presenting to Ike a few sheets of papers.

"Royal Navy's Prime Minister, Head of Sakura Empire's Ministry of Defense and Iron Blood's Chancellor requested a meeting with you in the next 30 minutes, sir." She explained.

"My morning has been ruined, these idiots wanted to call me and what next, eating dinner with Nixon?!" The idea of having a meal with Richard Nixon scared him to the core. Well no one likes Nixon after all.