Chapter 24: See you in the next world, Darling

"Keep chasing the bright light, the bright light

"Keep chasing the bright light, the bright light..."

"At the end we'll see the place where we belong..."

"..."

"So what do you think, my little princess?" Kevin asked for the opinion of his daughter, H. Purifier, who had been listening to the song too concentrated that she nearly fell asleep while sitting. The voice of her father snapped the Herrscher back to reality as she immediately composed herself. The whole thing of course didn't slip through the watchful eyes of the Commander. "Nah, she hasn't grown up much." He thought.

"It's quite good, actually... It has both highs and lows, starts with darkness and helplessness and ends with light and  hope..." The Siren commented like a true music critic. "But I'm more surprised at the fact you can sing that well, Dad."

"What do you mean by that?" The man raised an eyebrow at the complement.

"Well you're always working until late night and Mom is the only one who sings for me and Sirin to go to sleep so I've only been familiar with her angelic voice..." She explained. "So logically I believe you just don't fit with singing..."

"I see..." The naval officer put the guitar aside before continuing. "Then when our family is together again, maybe Mom and Dad will sing a few songs for you two."

*ring* *ring* *ring*

Kevin felt something vibrated inside his pants' pocket and pulled out a phone, someone was calling for him.

"Who is that, Dad?" H. Purifier asked.

"Nemesis. Let's see why he decided to call me this early in the morning." The Commander swept right and brought the device close to his ear...

"Moshi moshi, this is Kevin. How's your night with that girl?"

"Her name is Ash."

"Why was the serious voice there, buddy? At least you know that there's someone out there who actually loves you now..."

"..."

"Alright, I'm sorry. What do you need?"

"Is your daughter at your place?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you let her back to our base? I need her to give me some details..."

"About what?"

"META Bonhomme Richard."

"Oh that crazy girl who always goes commando? Erika did mention her in the reports."

"Yeah."

"Let me guess, family business?"

"Family business."