Chapter 3.5: Explanations for Kevin's rigging

If you have read chapter 2 and 3 of this book you will realize that the main protagonist of this story has a rigging like shipgirls. But unlike other girls, his rigging is very different.

At first I didn't want to make this chapter and went straight to chapter 4 but since the rigging will be used a lot during the story I want to make it clear about its designs so when I describe them in action my lovely readers can understand it better. So let's dig into it!

First of all, no one knows its origin, where does it come from is a total mystery.

Secondly, the rigging doesn't use wisdom cubes to transfer between rigging form to ship form and vice versa but instead using Honkai energy, more specifically, Herrscher of Reason's power. Therefore reducing the time for the cubes to fly around and form the ship, improving efficiency during combat.

Thirdly, the rigging can operate remotely from its owner. For example, if Belfast uses this type of rigging she can easily stay at the base to serve the loli Queen while her own rigging goes on commissions with other shipgirls. Convenient, isn't it?

But in able to use this rigging, the owner has to pay a dear price.

Their own life.

Because it's not shipgirls technology so the rigging runs on a different energy source, Honkai energy. Which means if any normal shipgirls try to use the rigging, the rigging will drain their life force to death.

Kevin was the first and the only one that can utilize the abilities of the rigging to the fullest thanks to his source of Honkai energy (if you don't understand what I mean then go read chapter 1, the beginning part)

I did mention before that the rigging can remotely operate without its owner. But it's not because it's a remote-control toy, it has its own mind and its own name, Nemesis.

Nemesis has 2 distinct modes:

1. Nemesis: Mechanical Appendages

2. Rigging reconstruction: Harmonic Symphony

Let's jump into the first one.

1. Nemesis: Mechanical Appendages

Rigging form:

(Ignore Doc Ock, just focus at the four arms)

Ship form (Well if you are a Modern Warships player you probably know what ship is it):