Chapter 17.5: Valkyries, Kansens and "Overdrive mode." (Minor Spoiler)

Yo, YourFriendKevin here. I won't treat this one as a chapter but rather a small note about the appearances of my OCs that will appear regularly in future chapters.

So what am I actually rambling about? You see, this story is about Kansens fighting against the Honkai and if you've already played through both of the games you'll realize there's a major gap in power between a normal shipgirl and a Herrscher, meaning our Azur Lane girls won't last a second in an encounter against this ferocious enemy.

So to make the battlefield more balanced,
I decided to "up tier" them, resulting in the "H." variant of the girls, who can also be called "Valkyries".

There are many ways to achieve this status. Some got exposed to an extensive amount of Honkai energy and adapted to it (H. Prinz Eugen), some went through extreme surgeries like the MANTIS soldiers of the Previous Era in Honkai Impact (H. Hood and H. Prince of Wales) or some by literally becoming a Herrscher (H. Purifier),...

This special status on general will be called "Overdrive mode." This mode helps its user to push pass the boundaries of their limit and releases an extreme amount of power in short term, enough to overwhelm any Herrscher.

But with great power comes great responsibility. When you activate this mode for the first few times all your energy will be drained from the body and you're officially in a coma for a whole day, worse in a month. But you can learn how to control that mode, and if you succeed you're able to keep it on all the time without losing any reserve energy.

And there's something else to it. While using that mode, in most cases your appearance will change completely, making you a totally different person. Only a few cases that could retain how they look like (H. Prinz Eugen, H. Prince of Wales, H. Bismarck)

Down here are some of the most noticeable examples:

1. H. Enterprise

+ Normal:

+ Overdrive mode:

+ Overdrive mode:

2. Sirin

+ Normal: