Chapter 7: Battle in the middle of the Pacific

"FIRE!"

The rail cannon on the Alicorn opened fire and released a purple trail of energy into the sky

The rail cannon on the Alicorn opened fire and released a purple trail of energy into the sky. It ripped through the atmosphere before reaching its target and vaporized all the Sirens ships powered by Honkai energy within the diameter of the impact and created an explosion rocking the waters around. The waves soon reached the girls who were escorting their new Commander back to base.

"What the..." All the girls were left speechless as their eyes locked at the explosion in awe. As the smoke cleared they recognized fragments of Sirens ship scattered around the large area, floating beneath the waves towards their position.

"Such firepower..." Denver curiously tried to pick up a piece of metal that used to belong to a mass-produced ship. Right at the moment her finger touched its surface, the unidentified object turned into ashes, proving that it'd been burned into crisps by that explosion.

"But who did that?! Even New Jersey's W23 shells couldn't achieve that same result!" Wales questioned, wondering about the owner of the shot that have probably just saved their lives.

"WALES! LIE DOWN!" Ayanami shouted out loud as Wales crouched on her ship's bow, successfully dodged a shell aiming at her that ricocheted out of the frontal armor of one of her turrets before landing into the water.

Wales was in the disadvantage here while all the other girls had turned into their rigging form. Not because she was too damaged to do so but because her warship was also used to house their new leader. If she switched to her rigging mode, she scared that the guy would fall into the ocean and get killed by the enemy.

Suddenly, all of their radars blipped rapidly and violently as an uncountable amount of shells appeared from the horizon heading towards them. The rain of bullets showered the convoy as the enemy's forces slowly closed in from all directions, aiming for a total annihilation.

"Cleveland! You and your sisters take care of air defense! Nimi, Hipper you two protect my left flank! Bel and Ayanami cover my right! Vestal and Shinano sail next to me and try to gain air dominance! I will try to contact the base for support!" Live by her name, Wales gave out orders to the girls around her as they spread out, creating a circular formation to defend themselves.

Right after sending an S.O.S message, Wales jumped to the top of her vessel and scouted around for Siren's warships, only to realize a shocking truth: All corners had been surrounded by them and they had no way to get out. But there's something that troubled her even more.

Unlike normal Siren warships which has red or blue lines of energy running along the hull, this ones were different: They had crystal pink lines.

"Those are the same ships that attacked Yorktown months ago!"

She started to get scared as she recollected her memories about that fateful day.

"We're not gonna make it out of here alive..."