Chapter 9: The New Houses and The Tragedy of Remire

(A/N: I was originally going to make chapters detailing the other events, but worried that would take too long, and not be as interesting without the main character Shez. So, like in the game, the other houses will have to be glossed over. Sorry.)

With Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude taking leadership positions across Fódlan's nations, Rhea considers shutting the Officers Academy down for the year. However, thanks to Nanu's solutions, the school year remains with students returning from the surrounding nations. The three houses are to to elect new house leaders for the rest of the school year. The Blue Lions, with Dimitri, Dedue, and Felix remaining in Faergheus, Azura is made house Leader of the Blue Lion House. Without much difficulty, and Claude, Hilda, and Lorenz staying in Leicester, a young male named Shane is elected as house leader for the Golden Deer House. And lastly, the Black Eagles are currently choosing their new house leader, for Edelgard, Hubert, Monica, and Shez have not returned to the Officer's Academy.

Dorothea: It's so strange to not have Edie and Hubie here.

Caspar: I know right?

Ferdinand: Well, it stands to reason. Edelgard is Emperor now, and Hubert must stay behind to keep her safe. And Monica, well...

Hoshi: She couldn't bear the thought of being away from Edelgard for the rest of the school year.

Yoshi: It's a shame Shez stayed behind. She was really cool and nice.

Perse: Man, I was expecting to be put back in the Golden Deer house like Lysithea, but thanks to Shez staying behind, I got to stay here. I'd say that's pretty luck for me.

Byleth walks into the room very soon.

Byleth: Is everyone here?

Dorothea: Well, most of us. Lin is asleep, and Bern locked herself in her room. Business as usual for them, I guess.

Byleth: That's fine. I don't think either of them would wish to be house leader anyway.

Hoshi: Makes sense. So, who should be our house leader?

Ferdinand: If no one objects, I think I am more than qualified to—

Dorothea: I vote Alice be our house leader.

Ferdinand: Wha—?! I did not even finish, Dorothea!

Perse: Well, considering she was MVP during the fight in the Palace, I can get behind (heh) big sis Alice being house leader.

Yoshi: Yeah, I agree!

Hoshi: No objections from me.

Caspar: Alice is super strong! I don't think I could name a better person to be our new house leader!

Byleth: Alice? What say you?

Alice: Not interested.

Dorothea: What?! Why not?

Alice: I'm not a leader type. Ferdinand can have it.

Ferdinand: I disagree.

Dorothea: Didn't you want to be house leader, Ferdie?

Ferdinand: Well, yes, I do. But if everyone is unanimous on Alice, then I will humbly step down. After all, a noble doesn't lead people who don't want to be led by them.

Dorothea: Huh. I think that's the smartest thing I heard you say, Ferdie.

Alice: Even if you say that, I won't change my mind.

Dorothea: C'mon, Aliee! Please?!

Alice: No.

Yoshi: Please?