Chapter 17: Unrest

To start the campaign, Edelgard leads the Empire Army to Hrym Territory. They aim to cross the Great Bridge of Myrddin, but come to a sudden complication. Lord Acheron refuses to give access for the Imperial Army to cross, halting their progress.

Perse: What do you mean Acheron refuses to let us cross?!

Lysithea: It's just as I've said. He won't let us pass.

Hubert: Perhaps that is to be expected. I assume nobody has told him, or any of the Alliance's lords for that matter, about our own alliance with the Alliance and Kingdom.

Edelgard: Perhaps so... And Claude has been dispatched to Fódlan's Locket to negotiate with the Almyrans, so we cannot wait for him to return and explain everything.

Lysithea: Do you think he's been replaced by one of those who slither in the dark?

Perse: C'mon, say the funny thing...!

Shane: This is serious, Perse. There's no time for jokes right now.

Alice: Not likely. While it would be beneficial for them to seize control of such an important land mark, Agarthans aren't known to be particularly smart. At least most of them.

Hubert: You...cannot be serious about that.

Alice: If they were smarter, they wouldn't have made their body snatching so obvious, a blunder made by Thales and Cornelia, and probably Monica too. If Kronya actually got her hands on her, she probably wouldn't be very great at imitating Monica at all. Probably because she wouldn't simp as hard.

Monica: Are you saying my lack of "simping" for Her Majesty would be a dead giveaway to identify an impos—?

Alice: DON'T say that word.

Perse: Ugh. Either way, I say we kill 'em.

Shane: He is famous for being known as the Weathervane. Ready to snitch us out at even the slight change in the wind. I don't care about what you Imperials want, but I think taking him out would benefit us in the Alliance.

Lysithea: I concur.

Perse: Wow. This the first time I actually agree with you.

Dorothea: But isn't this going be wasting our time? We need to get to Hrym.

Shane: Well guess what, Princess? We can't GET to Hrym if we're here, now can we?

Dorothea: Okay, I get it, thank you.

Edelgard: Then I suppose it is decided. We break through the Great Bridge of Mryddin by force.

Shane: I'll explain things to Claude when it's all said and done.

With that, the group makes their way down the massive bridge. Acheron, seeing the force that was marching his way, started panicking, and turned to one of his new friends.

Acheron: H-Hey, they're coming this way...! What do I do about this now...?!

???: What else? Kill them all~

Acheron: But I cannot simply—!

???: Hm, c'mon~ Tell you what then, if you can get the Emperor's head, I'll reward you...personally~

The person Acheron was speaking to was a woman. A rather attractive one at that. Curves in all the right places, tanned skin, and what looked to be functioning demon wings and a tail, as well as a pair of horns.

Acheron: Reward me...?! Personally?!

This really seemed to motivate the man, as she stands at the forefront of his forces on the bridge.