8 - flowers

"There is no way," I smile, briefly glancing at Cole who is slightly confused.

"What?" He raises an eyebrow.

I ignore him completely and make my way to the edge of the Bounty. The mysterious driver rushes over to me, throwing his arms around my shoulders.

Man I missed these hugs.

"It's been so long!" He exclaims.

Now this hug sure does make me ecstatic. It feels like forever since I last saw him. I wish he had called so I could prepare or tidy up or something. I'd love to have made him dinner or gone somewhere more exciting for our epic reunion.

"I missed you so much," I mutter into his shoulder.

"Uh.."

I wriggle out of the hug and turn to Cole, who is stood behind me with his arms crossed, looking the once-obnoxious driver up and down. I beam.

"Hi?" Cole speaks, attempting a smile.

"Hi!" 

"Cole, this is my childhood best friend," I grin, "Bryce."

-----------------------------

This all seems so bittersweet; sat in between my ex best friend and my new best friend watching my favourite movie ever. I know Cole said he never wanted to watch Star Farer but Bryce and I used to watch it all the time when we were younger so it's only fair that we rewatch it together after so long.

I think Cole is either really confused as to what's happening or he's a little jealous because he's my new best friend but I'm just choosing to ignore it right now. I don't want any negativity.

They were pretty civil at first but I'm not certain Cole is keen on getting to know Bryce. Them being in the same room right now, however, honestly makes me feel great. Something I used to always think about but never thought would come true. 

I'm loving every minute of this.

Bryce and I repeat quotes, laugh and joke about the movie and by the time it's finished, Cole is obviously pissed. I'm trying not to focus on it too much but I can just see him, arms crossed and scowling at the TV, in the corner of my eye. It's a little bothering.

"Man I missed that movie," Bryce chuckles, "It was so good."

"It still is," I raise an eyebrow at him, "I've barely watched it since my parents had that weird gathering at the junk yard."

"Oh my god, I completely forgot about that!" He laughs, "Good times.."

One time when I was 12, my parents held a small gathering with some close friends and family. Not a lot of people turned up because we've never really kept in contact with family and we don't have that many friends but it was fun nevertheless. When Bryce and I got bored of the adult conversations that we could barely understand, we hid in my room and binged the entire Star Farer series for probably the fifth time that month.

If I hadn't become a ninja, we'd probably still be doing that. We'd just think it was a bit cringe. 

"How are your parents by the way? I should've asked that as I arrived."

"Arrived pretty rudely if you ask me..." I hear Cole mutter beside me.

I choose to ignore his childish behaviour and smile at Bryce, "They're great. I haven't had chance to see them lately though.  We could go together? I'm sure they'd love to see you again!"